RLC Airborne - How are we doing?

The regimental entries from 13 AASR in the last few versions of "The Sustainer" have barely mentioned military parachuting. Not withstanding recent deployments when para activity will naturally be curtailled, Does this mean that it has finally ceased to be a priority, or are there so many toms passing P Coy that it doesn't warrant a mention any more?

A very good question.
By the way, who's idea was it that all personnel should wear a maroon beret. Was it to protect the 'Hats'?
I and many others had to complete P Coy, PTS and be posted to an Airborne unit before we could wear that coveted headgear.
A silly decision that has devalued the 'Red Beret'.

It certainly brings out the beast in your lady members. Some spectacular smock sizings and beret shaping going on with the females of the brigade :D

PaddyQ said:
A very good question.
By the way, who's idea was it that all personnel should wear a maroon beret?.
Some bloke called Browning apparently, or was it his wife?

SK

PaddyQ said:
A very good question.
By the way, who's idea was it that all personnel should wear a maroon beret. Was it to protect the 'Hats'?
I and many others had to complete P Coy, PTS and be posted to an Airborne unit before we could wear that coveted headgear.
Historically the 'red Beret' was worn by all ‘Air Delivered Troops’ in the (as was) Army Air Corps. Not just those who parachuted.

Did the glider regiments also devalue the beret :wink:

L

Lizard_Lips

PaddyQ said:
A very good question.

Its Maroon

Lizard_Lips said:
PaddyQ said:
A very good question.

Its Maroon
I know it's MAROON, you are obviously too young to remember when it was referred to as 'Red'. Where do you think the 'Red Devils' came from?

PaddyQ said:
Lizard_Lips said:
PaddyQ said:
A very good question.

Its Maroon
I know it's MAROON, you are obviously too young to remember when it was referred to as 'Red'. Where do you think the 'Red Devils' came from?
The Germans coined the phrase in North Africa,it was due to the fact that the smocks were covered in red dust, and the tails left dangling.

Also,they didn't like it uppem you know :D

Nachos_Kiddo said:
ANOTHER THREAD FOR ALL YOU WANNABE PARAS. WHY DONT YOU STOP GOBBING OF AND DO P COY IF YOUVE GOT THE BOTTLE
No thanks I have no need as I can spell and do sums.

PaddyQ said:
Lizard_Lips said:
PaddyQ said:
A very good question.

Its Maroon
erm...their red jump-suits

I thought they was an RAF aerobatics team (tongue in cheek smiley).

SKJOLD said:
PaddyQ said:
A very good question.
By the way, who's idea was it that all personnel should wear a maroon beret?.
Some bloke called Browning apparently, or was it his wife?

SK
I thought I read in a previous thread that David Chaundler took the decision that all brigade staff wear the maroon beret when he took over 5 Airborne Brigade in the 80's.

Circa 1986 if my memory serves me right. All non-para trained (and back then, there wasn't that many) had to wear black sacks, so the then Bde Cmdr, ruled that everyone would wear it.

The clothes don't maketh the man!
Do P coy don't do p coy.
Who needs 90 Kg meat bombs anyway?

Airdropmaster said:
90 Kg meat bombs
Brilliant! LMAO and PMSL as my teenaged child would say.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jip Travolta RLC 16
Jip Travolta RLC 11
E RLC 63