RLC Airborne - How are we doing?

Discussion in 'RLC' started by hoodie, Aug 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The regimental entries from 13 AASR in the last few versions of "The Sustainer" have barely mentioned military parachuting. Not withstanding recent deployments when para activity will naturally be curtailled, Does this mean that it has finally ceased to be a priority, or are there so many toms passing P Coy that it doesn't warrant a mention any more?

2. A very good question.
    By the way, who's idea was it that all personnel should wear a maroon beret. Was it to protect the 'Hats'?
    I and many others had to complete P Coy, PTS and be posted to an Airborne unit before we could wear that coveted headgear.
    A silly decision that has devalued the 'Red Beret'.

3. It certainly brings out the beast in your lady members. Some spectacular smock sizings and beret shaping going on with the females of the brigade :D

4. Some bloke called Browning apparently, or was it his wife?

SK

5. Historically the 'red Beret' was worn by all ‘Air Delivered Troops’ in the (as was) Army Air Corps. Not just those who parachuted.

Did the glider regiments also devalue the beret :wink:

6. Of course they did the stinking craphats. What easier way is there but to land by glider? A few bruises here and there, job done! :D

7. :D :D :D I asked for that

8. Its Maroon

9. Quite so, I thought he was talking about the monkeys.

10. I know it's MAROON, you are obviously too young to remember when it was referred to as 'Red'. Where do you think the 'Red Devils' came from?

11. The Germans coined the phrase in North Africa,it was due to the fact that the smocks were covered in red dust, and the tails left dangling.

Also,they didn't like it uppem you know :D

12. ANOTHER THREAD FOR ALL YOU WANNABE PARAS. WHY DONT YOU STOP GOBBING OF AND DO P COY IF YOUVE GOT THE BOTTLE

13. I think your the only one posting on here that hasnt?

14. No thanks I have no need as I can spell and do sums.

15. erm...their red jump-suits