Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Admin_Guru, Mar 19, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is there so much rivalry amongst the various regiments - after all aren't you all in the same British Army ?  How can we ever expect to be a joint Armed Force if there is so much in-fighting?

??? ???
  2. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

If you have to ask this then you don't understand the Army.  Part of our team bonding is that you automatically assume that you are better than anyone not in your team.  This applies at all levels so sections will fight sections, coys v coys, regts v regts, arms v arms, Army v RAF, etc.  

Pride makes us strong.

Believe me though when push comes to shove no-one works better together than the Army.
  3. Could'nt agree with you more on that one Colonel!  It just would'nt work out if we all had a likeness towards eachother, we're all better at doing our own things in our own Corps, as the Colonel says, it's pride in our job and what we do..... ;D ;D
  4. That's not actually strictly accurate.. The real reason is because the rest of the army are all sh!te..!  ;) ;D
    • Like Like x 1
  5. If the different regiments/corps in the army did not have this revelry that means the passion is gone from what we do, thinking your better then every other reg/corps makes you want to prove you are, it's just the way the Army is if you were in the army and i take it your not for asking this question then you wouldn't even need to ask it it can't be explained as such it's just the system don't ask questions about it and crack on
  6. The Scots Guards are the finest regiment in the British Army. The rest are crap

You getting the idea now?
  7. Does anybody really think that the OP is going to read your replies? He hasn't been active for the last 10 years.

Anyway, is the AGC, RAPTC and SASC Forum the best place to get a biased viewpoint?

Cor! He started the thread 16 months before he joined ARRSE... Respec' bruv.
  8. I think you'll find that the Royal Air Force Regiment are the finest ..............
  9. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

vvaannmmaann, the pebble monkeys aren't in the Army.
  10. The Royal Green Jackets were the finest regiment ever, period. They were that good they had to amalgamate them with crap to dilute the standard.
  11. Are you sure?
  12. Revelry is something I excel at!
  13. Do they still make Revels. you always thought you would get a good one like a malteser but it was a crap coffee cream or an orange thing....

Attached Files:

14. It's humour like that that keeps morale high in the rest of the Armed Forces, keep up the good work.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Wow - 10 year old threadromancy.

Have you ever thought of a career trying to raise the undead and then taking over the world?