Rival Supermarket Etiquette

I recently found myself in a peculiar situation by where I was doing some inter-pressa shopping in Asda and I found myself face to face with a Sainsbury's worker still in their uniform, doing their own shopping!

Now with the availability of home delivery, it's rare that I have to visit one of these awful places but have things changed so much that 1 supermarket worker can brazenly walk into an opposing supermarket unchallenged?

It's quite disorientating being faced by multiple branded uniforms in one place. What are my rights, as a consumer, if I need to ask a supermarket worker which, for example, aisle I need to find vinegar (balsamic) but the worker I ask doesn't know because of their own lack of familiarity? Do supermarkets operate a system of seniority and how do they avoid blue on blue situations?

I asked the lass on the till if she thought it was acceptable but she just laughed.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I recently found myself in a peculiar situation by where I was doing some inter-pressa shopping in Asda and I found myself face to face with a Sainsbury's worker still in their uniform, doing their own shopping!

Now with the availability of home delivery, it's rare that I have to visit one of these awful places but have things changed so much that 1 supermarket worker can brazenly walk into an opposing supermarket unchallenged?

It's quite disorientating being faced by multiple branded uniforms in one place. What are my rights, as a consumer, if I need to ask a supermarket worker which, for example, aisle I need to find vinegar (balsamic) but the worker I ask doesn't know because of their own lack of familiarity? Do supermarkets operate a system of seniority and how do they avoid blue on blue situations?

I asked the lass on the till if she thought it was acceptable but she just laughed.
She thought you were a stupid cūnt as well then?

You don't get out a lot, do you?

Is this mumsnet all of a sudden?

I've seen no discussion about Center Parcs being a code word for ****, so we haven't reached Mumsnet levels of depravity yet

Asda? You bourgeois pig! What's wrong with Aldi?
Which reminds me, I must pick up a socket set with my tuna and sweetcorn violin hammer

Latest Threads