Rising Sales Of Firearms In Baghdad

From the New York Times.

Sales of firearms to Baghdad civilians are said to be rising sharply on rising prices.

The ever-popular, rugged, dependable AK-47 assault rifle has risen from $112 to $290 in the past month.

Automatic pistols and revolvers are selling briskly.

Strong sales of hand grenades although the price recently doubled to $95@. Possession of hand grenades by civilians is contrary to Iraqi "law."

The Iraqi "government" professes concern about the enthusiasm of the public for arming itself.

Mr. Hussein Abdul-Khaliq, a satisfied Kalashnikov purchaser, less than the legal minimum of twenty-five years for firearms ownership, and on the street in possession of more than the legal maximum of twenty-five rounds, is quoted as commenting "let them try to take it from me."

"Sectarian Strife Fuels Gun Sales In Baghdad" by Jeffrey Gettleman. 3 April 2006
http://fairuse.100webcustomers.com/sf/nyt4_03_06.htm

cpunk

LE
Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
Mr. Hussein Abdul-Khaliq, a satisfied Kalashnikov purchaser, less than the legal minimum of twenty-five years for firearms ownership, and on the street in possession of more than the legal maximum of twenty-five rounds, is quoted as commenting "let them try to take it from me."
Doesn't that qualify him for free life membership of the (US) NRA? He's using one of their slogans. :lol:

What are the laws on Uk citizens treating themselves to a bit of AK/Glock action over there? What if they're serving?

cpunk said:
Not_Whistlin_Dixie said:
Doesn't that qualify him for free life membership of the (US) NRA? He's using one of their slogans. :lol:

Don't laugh, he's probably going to start posting pictures of them in here soon. Ain't life grand.