Rise of the Footsoldier

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Jan 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. you hooligan!
  2. Fine one to talk!
    My neighbour had a copy, watched it last night, it was alright, not great but watchable.
  3. i thought it was really good. it got borrowed by a mate out here and took 3 weeks to get it back, as it flew around the infantry company.

far better than essex boys anyway.

"rolling with the nines" was done by the same people - that was ok.
  4. Just read the seminal "Legionnaire by" Simon Murray after a ten year break and I see there was a film loosely based on the book- Simon, an English Legionnaire.
    Judging by the non publicity it maybe a load of pish, but has anyone seen it?
  5. Its a pretty brutal film. Good though. Much better than football factory or green street.

Scary to think some of the stuff actually happened as its based on a true story.
  6. Yeah I got a copy off Ebay called Deserter no famous names but a very good film set in 60's Algeria, well worth a watch
  7. Gets better towards the end, language is shocking, not something to watch in polite company...
  8. Cheers lads, I got a dutch copy from ebay. Damn fine film . I notice Simon Murray produced and presumably financed it and his wife flew the heli in it!
  9. Loved this film!
    nice n gorey
  10. Its a bag of bollocks.
  11. Just had a look at this site ..its hilarious, wannabe gangsters, gangster worshippers, " my mates harder than your mate", " I met Mad Frank in the Blind Beggar " ," "Is Big Ron harder than Big Reg " :roll: etc etc.

Probably all live with their mums in the country.

P.S. I know this posting is ironic considering my avatar :D
  12. The forums on there are filled with more idiots then ARRSE on a Friday afternoon. :D

The site made a bit of interesting reading for me (When it wasn't all "I knew them, i was their REAL bezzer") on a story i remember vaguely as a young'un.

Pretty graphic pics in there. Live by the sword.....
  13. Glad you pointed it out to me Steve, its hilarious , why anyone would want to worship these thugs & bullies is beyond me, I'm no gangster and don't want to be, but it seems a site full of saddoes , ( yeah worse than Arrse on a Friday )
    I saw a piece about the guy on whom Rise of the Footsoldier was based and he lives in a two bed flat.........pretty successful gangster eh.

I might join just to buzz off all the t1ts and tell them about how I was Crazy Terry the Mad Axemans best mate :D