• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Rise of the Footsoldier

Fine one to talk!
My neighbour had a copy, watched it last night, it was alright, not great but watchable.

i thought it was really good. it got borrowed by a mate out here and took 3 weeks to get it back, as it flew around the infantry company.

far better than essex boys anyway.

"rolling with the nines" was done by the same people - that was ok.

Just read the seminal "Legionnaire by" Simon Murray after a ten year break and I see there was a film loosely based on the book- Simon, an English Legionnaire.
Judging by the non publicity it maybe a load of pish, but has anyone seen it?

Its a pretty brutal film. Good though. Much better than football factory or green street.

Scary to think some of the stuff actually happened as its based on a true story.

ubique66 said:
Just read the seminal "Legionnaire by" Simon Murray after a ten year break and I see there was a film loosely based on the book- Simon, an English Legionnaire.
Judging by the non publicity it maybe a load of pish, but has anyone seen it?
Yeah I got a copy off Ebay called Deserter no famous names but a very good film set in 60's Algeria, well worth a watch

Gets better towards the end, language is shocking, not something to watch in polite company...

Cheers lads, I got a dutch copy from ebay. Damn fine film . I notice Simon Murray produced and presumably financed it and his wife flew the heli in it!

SparkySteve said:
Further info RE the Rettendon Murders is on this site: http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurders/main.shtml
Just had a look at this site ..its hilarious, wannabe gangsters, gangster worshippers, " my mates harder than your mate", " I met Mad Frank in the Blind Beggar " ," "Is Big Ron harder than Big Reg " :roll: etc etc.

Probably all live with their mums in the country.

P.S. I know this posting is ironic considering my avatar :D

The_Terrible_Twins said:
SparkySteve said:
Further info RE the Rettendon Murders is on this site: http://www.bernardomahoney.com/rrmurders/main.shtml
Just had a look at this site ..its hilarious, wannabe gangsters, gangster worshippers, " my mates harder than your mate", " I met Mad Frank in the Blind Beggar " ," "Is Big Ron harder than Big Reg " :roll: etc etc.

The forums on there are filled with more idiots then ARRSE on a Friday afternoon. :D

The site made a bit of interesting reading for me (When it wasn't all "I knew them, i was their REAL bezzer") on a story i remember vaguely as a young'un.

Pretty graphic pics in there. Live by the sword.....

SparkySteve said:
The_Terrible_Twins said:
SparkySteve said:

The forums on there are filled with more idiots then ARRSE on a Friday afternoon. :D

The site made a bit of interesting reading for me (When it wasn't all "I knew them, i was their REAL bezzer") on a story i remember vaguely as a young'un.

Pretty graphic pics in there. Live by the sword.....
Glad you pointed it out to me Steve, its hilarious , why anyone would want to worship these thugs & bullies is beyond me, I'm no gangster and don't want to be, but it seems a site full of saddoes , ( yeah worse than Arrse on a Friday )
I saw a piece about the guy on whom Rise of the Footsoldier was based and he lives in a two bed flat.........pretty successful gangster eh.

I might join just to buzz off all the t1ts and tell them about how I was Crazy Terry the Mad Axemans best mate :D

My son produced the DVD on Thursday so we had an impromptu bonding session over it! I don't think he was impressed by my giggling at the first few fight scenes. I've nutted a couple in my dark distant youth and I can assure you that there is never that much claret from one broken nose! I did enjoy it and would agree it makes Essex Boys look like the contrived apology for gangsters it is. It is also non-glamourous, as everyone involved in gangsterism gets their come-uppance in the end.

Having said that I only know one real gangster. He is scary without being outwardly nails. He has an aura which only Ray Winstone has managed to emulate on the silver screen. However he is as nice as pie though knowing his record and associates, you can't help feeling a wee bit edgy around him. His nephew is also from central casting, as the wannabe who will never live up to the Godfather...think Fredo in GF II!

Cuddles said:
My son produced the DVD on Thursday so we had an impromptu bonding session over it! I don't think he was impressed by my giggling at the first few fight scenes. I've nutted a couple in my dark distant youth and I can assure you that there is never that much claret from one broken nose! I did enjoy it and would agree it makes Essex Boys look like the contrived apology for gangsters it is. It is also non-glamourous, as everyone involved in gangsterism gets their come-uppance in the end.

Having said that I only know one real gangster.
He is scary without being outwardly nails. He has an aura which only Ray Winstone has managed to emulate on the silver screen. However he is as nice as pie though knowing his record and associates, you can't help feeling a wee bit edgy around him. His nephew is also from central casting, as the wannabe who will never live up to the Godfather...think Fredo in GF II!

Cuddles it is'nt Mad Mickey Concrete the Cockney Cop Killer is it :? or was it Insane Ian Tong the Ilford Strangler :D

The_Terrible_Twins said:
Mad Mickey Concrete the Cockney Cop Killer
When i first started my apprenticeship on the hard, mean streets of Luton Mad Mickey took me under his wing. I used to run errands for him, small-time stuff like going to get his hair-gel or feeding his gerbil.
It wasnt until much later i realised what i had gotten myself into.

No its a Bristol villain - now "retired" - who runs a little farm shop in the country selling organic farm produce like eggs, butter and scotch at six quid a bottle (allegedly). He is a very nice man. He isn't staple-gunning my head to the desk while I write this either...ouch...not even in the ...ker-thunk...slightest!

...oh and funnily enough he DOES keep pigs...how did you know?