Rise in minimum MTDs

#1
A little bird tells me that there are plans afoot to increase the amount of MTD's required for bounty with rank

The thinking seems to be that a SGT really should be putting in more time than a private
 
#2
But that's already the case surely? That's internal unit management, that eases out the soldier (at any rank) who's not seen to be pulling the weight that their appointment is seen to require.

In some years, a soldier might not be able to put in the commitment of MTD's that is required, so he/she speaks to their boss, explains their circumstances, and the problem is worked around.

If we get a fixed minimum, the flexibility of the system is gone.
 
#3
Mr_Relaxed said:
That's internal unit management, that eases out the soldier (at any rank) who's not seen to be pulling the weight that their appointment is seen to require.
Doesn't that leave you on a sticky wicket legislation-wise, as the contract states 27 days per year for everyone...

msr
 
#4
I'm sure they'll eventually extend it to about 200 MTDs........ (but still without pension rights, of course...)
 
#5
or dental care

and you won't get paid for all of them

and you will still have to beg the PSAO for your bounty

which will turn up six months late

and at last years sum

which you had to beg for as well

after working 150 MTD's

which you didn't get fully paid for

because you had to have a filling and missed taking the fat git to Bn HQ so he could sort out his expenses that he DID get paid for
 
#6
msr said:
Mr_Relaxed said:
That's internal unit management, that eases out the soldier (at any rank) who's not seen to be pulling the weight that their appointment is seen to require.
Doesn't that leave you on a sticky wicket legislation-wise, as the contract states 27 days per year for everyone...

msr
The way to manage it is at the 3 year point, as well as at the CR and MPAR points. The contract states 27 days as a minimum, but if you give someone a 3 month warning over their attendance, you can apply for discharge. Just need to make sure the paperwork trail is nice and clear, although I've personally never seen it go that far.

When it's time to go, it's time to go, and a quiet word from a fellow Mess Member, or the OC, (or more likely PSAO) generally sees the soldier handing their kit in.

Personally I feel that the soldier who only wants to do the 27 days a year should be steered in the direction of their CVHQ and become a Specialist.
 
#7
Mr_Relaxed said:
The way to manage it is at the 3 year point, as well as at the CR and MPAR points. The contract states 27 days as a minimum, but if you give someone a 3 month warning over their attendance, you can apply for discharge.
You can't sack someone for fulfilling their contractual obligations. If they can't do the 27 days then yes:

Mr_Relaxed said:
Personally I feel that the soldier who only wants to do the 27 days a year should be steered in the direction of their CVHQ and become a Specialist.
but if they do exactly 27 days and complete their ITDs then no.

msr
 
#8
Mr_Relaxed said:
The way to manage it is at the 3 year point, as well as at the CR and MPAR points. The contract states 27 days as a minimum, but if you give someone a 3 month warning over their attendance, you can apply for discharge. Just need to make sure the paperwork trail is nice and clear, although I've personally never seen it go that far.

When it's time to go, it's time to go, and a quiet word from a fellow Mess Member, or the OC, (or more likely PSAO) generally sees the soldier handing their kit in.
In what unit,and on what planet are matters of contract and employment law managed in this fashion?
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top