RIRA and RAAD to disband

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Mr_Fingerz, Jul 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

2. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

This cannot be true. Blessed Blair brought peace to Ireland and that's an end to it.

Hand of History on My Shoulder Tony, pray for us.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I doubt it will go back to that, NI is a far better place and people simply don't want to go back 20 or 30 years. PIRA thrived because it had community support.

This new lot will be a bunch of beer swilling bigots regaling their stories of defeating the British in some far away bar that pays homage to bad times.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. NIRA... I like it. They are certainly working their way through the alphabet. Also the N could stand for Narcotics, which is what RAAD mainly deal in. The blokes that are killed, maimed and exorcised are usually those who either fall out with, under cut or mess up in paying the RAAD.
  5. There was a play yesterday on R4 which seemed to have the same view, that a lot of end of conflict warriors, were living the dream.
  6. The one problem being is that within that group will be a number of players who have the knowledge and means to launch attacks.
  7. Kill them.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. OK, I'll stump them to death.
  9. Many years ago during the euphoria of the signing of the good Friday agreement most people living in northern Ireland would have agreed with you, unfortunately these days there is an air of resignation that a return to the dark days is almost inevitable

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE app
  10. Yup.
  11. Are these organisations proscribed? if so why are they not being jumped on from great heights?

Not so sure that the republican "youth " of today would shy away from a return to giving the brits some grief.
  12. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the main reason they exist now though it as a mafia style of gang unfortunately sticking them in full sutton etc.. for so long they made very lucrative contacts

they might blow shit up every now and again for the look of it and shoot the odd grunt but they like the trappings of respectable criminality too much to give it up for long.

PIRA is not much better
  13. Sleep easy drama queen. American reaction to terrorism post 911 was a turning point and the chuckies futile actions were laid bare. Even the thickest Boston resident gave up singing rebel songs and turned against them.

Norn Iron has well and truely moved on and the days of 'sojers' on the street will never return
    • Like Like x 1
  14. What a bunch of savages. Some people really will never learn.
  15. Bit over optimistic there I think The IRA: America's Favorite Militant Group?
    9-11 didn't change much, Bush did, changed the law and pushed funding the IRA underground. I've still find Irish Americans completely bewildered about why SF are in Stormont, if they even have that level of sophisticated understanding.