RIR - Homecomming Parade Oct 08

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by In-Limbo, Jul 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Cullen, the commanding officer of the Royal Irish Regiment's 2nd Battalion said that there will be a series of Ulster parades for the troops:

Public support page:

And of course the usual Gobshites:

I'll not put the direct link to their so called press release on, for the politico fcuktards they are need no extra oxygen to steal and pollute, but you get the picture.

Anyway, here's hoping for a warm and happy parade and a safe return for our RIR lads in a couple of months.
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Great news but I think an early day motion by some beanstealing MP will add up to the sum total of FA in reality. Hopefully the locals will support the lads when they come home!
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I read in the Newtownards Spectator a couple of weeks ago that the Mercians will become the RIC at Palace for a good few years & that the Newtownards Borough Council are looking at giving the Regiment the Freedom of the Borough or something like that.
    Anyway,good on the Royal Irish.I'll be supporting them.How bout an ARRSE crawl at one for the parades?
  4. I think it is excellent that both Catholics and Protestants from the regiment (as well as atheists, Fijians of whatever religious persuasion and a couple of other religions represented in both Battalions) will march together side by side and receive the public recognition that most people of NI want to show them.

It happens everywhere else, why the hell not NI?
  5. I sincerely hope that the SF scrotes are told very firmly where to go !!
  6. Look forward to it.

Absolutely pathetic comments. There's tricolours alongside ulster flags and union flags everywhere in Battalion ffs.
  7. Its a good idea , just lets hope it goes smoothly and good luck for the rest of your time there

Does that mean theres jedis in the 1st batt now ,
    I know theres none in 2 :p
  8. I loved the quote from Kevin Campbell: "To have a parade to glorify what is going on in the middle east..."

Got to love those geographical skills.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Traditionally before the 56 Suez Campaign, Middle East would have been accurate for the current Sandpits, the Mediteranean fringes where known as the near east back then!