RIR Email Scam

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by mad_collie, Mar 14, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Somebody claiming to be the CO of 1 Btn RIR is asking for $15Million.

BBC Link
  2. What a complete shit trying to make money out of this bloody war. Makes my blood boil.
  3. Well not so much making money out of the war, just a new angle for their old "give us your bank details and we will give you loads of money" scam.

Just hit delete.
  4. With the sender's snotbox. Repeatedly.
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

The linky pic of the email shows just enough to ring an alarm bell with anyone with a brain ...

If CO 1RTR can't even capitalise his name correctly, what chance have we got?

Disgusting spamming to66ers ... God, how I hate these people. :x
  6. surely there is some department in the MoD that can track these people down. They do have the technology.
  7. We've known about this for quite a while. Ignore and delete as per usual for phishing and spam mail.

No idea what the MoD are doing about it tbh.
  8. They've scammed everybody else , why should squaddies be ignored, that would be discrimination.
  9. Cant do much at all since it is all based in African countries.
    there has been a thread on this before but cant find it.
    There is a whole internet site dedicated to the "outing" of the scammers but again, I cant find it right now. One or two people have even successfully got money out of the scammers by reversing the scam.
  10. I saw somewhere that they all sit in an internet cafe and send their emails and stuff, there must be hundreds of the buggers
  11. Given the state of MoD's budget at the moment, it probably came from Main Building in the first place!