Ripping DVD to Laptop

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by LordVonHarley, Aug 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone point me in the direction of some half decent s/w that will allow me to back up my DVD's to my laptop.
    I've tried a few in the past but the legit ones seem to stumble on cracking the security on newer DVD's.

P.S Must be free as I'm a tight fist porridge wog. :D
  2. handbrake is good, converts to anything you want it to psp/ipod/etc

use vlc as the player
  3. DVD Shrink
    Prepare to be impressed.
    Nuff said. :D
    Or if you could get a copy of this:
    Ashampoo® Movie Shrink & Burn 3
  4. Butler DVDShrink says its free but keeps taking me to a page to pay?
  5. That is because the grownups have decided it isn't nice to circumvent their lousy security system. You just have to google it.
  6. Cheers Ed
  7. I use Videora, very user friendly for a tech biff like me. Turns them to MP4s so you can chuck them on your Ipod! Average file size is 500-700 mb per movie
  8. Google DVD43. You need burning software beforehand though (1 Click DVD Copy 5 works well with this sw) 1 click burns the dvd and dvd43 removes 'code'. DVD43 is free.
  9. Or if you own the DVD, copy it off the net from a torrent site, since its a legal backup (sort of) for the torrents for the software to download it
  10. ...or you could try dvdfab, which has put a lot of my DVDs onto an external drive, playable with Powerdvd.
  11. Butler I am suitably impressed, thank you.
  12. I've downloaded it but it keep burning everything when all I want is the movie, can anyone help I'm being a complete computer mong!!
  13. Just seen this thread, Wedgy, without me clicking that link by The_Butler, what is the name of the programme? If you are having problems with burning to DVD, I have a programme which will drag and drop, this will ensure that what you drop is all you will burn, it's less than 1mb so can email to you if you wish.

14. it is DVD shrink