Ripon on an Wenesday Night!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by The_Amorous_Pilgrim, Jan 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Where are the recommended halls of debauchery on a Wednesday night in the thriving metropolis of Ripon? Some hints would be appreciated. Fcuking off elsewhere is not an option!

2. Harrogate isn't too bad...don't know how much a joe baxi costs though...I was there two weeks ago on a plod urine up...place was riddled with totty and a wetherspoons for a cheap start.

3. Get yourself down to the One-Eyed Rat. Ale to die for. Ignore the students.

4. Theakstons' or Samuel Smiths perchance?

5. agree with medman here, harrogate is top notch on the pesh, i was there for new year last year! quality!

6. Doesn't matter where you go in Ripon - if it's a Wednesday you'll end up in Monty's with the dubious pleasure of watching the "dancers"!

7. Monty's the place to meet thick as fcuk RE blokes and women that limp and talk with a lisp!!!

Was in there just before xmas top night!!!

8. Ripon + Wednesday Night = Lots of fighting (normally started by very large ladies)

Oh what a soldier friendly town it is.......or B!

You say there is NO other option but if you are only in N Yorks for the night it is definately worth finding another option and heading to Harrogate, it's only a few squid in a taxi and the class of women/pubs/clubs goes up 200 fold.

9. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

I saw the title of this thread and thought you were talking about the desire to perform lisecious and lewd acts on Angela.

I was sorely dissapointed.

Low Average for that man.

10. I suppose, now we're in the brave new world of 24-hour drinking, Harrogate's old advantage of having funny bylaws that permitted late opening is gone. Which is no great pity, because I hate the fcking place.

11. Did it and a good night was had by all! Started in the One eyed rat and finished, as predicted earlier, in Montys'! The Hog was right about thick as fcuk engineers! - act quite queer as well they do! I've seen better strippers, but I've also seen far fcukin' worse! - so overall, I'll call in a draw against the predictions.