RIP Wolfgang

J

JWBenett

Wolfgang represents the finest era in the history of war, and of course our huge personal sacrifices. I did walk in to something called the Round House, once. Even had a chain-gang trip to Hamburg on the back of a wagon in creased up civvies from the bottom of a kitbag, as you do. High rollers travelling in style we were. Fcuking Beatles? Amateurs.

Robbed as well, the whore and her pimps nicked our wallets, just after we'd escaped a kicking after naively buying Champagne for a couple of donkeys in some dive on the Reeperbahn. Somewhere else and I don't remember exactly where, we went round knocking on doors signed "Nur mit Gummi". Prowling the cheap streets windows wondering if we could face grannies in laddered stockings and a fat suit. Of course we did, we were British and the security of Europe was always safe in our hands, not that they'll offer us another medal. Lest we forget, and so on.

Been there done that creeping the reep! I had been forewarned by my dad and hid the majority of my cash in my undercrackers, so when the group dozytwat decided to splash out on fizzy water for the whores, I only had 30 Ds in my wallet. :)

J

JWBenett

Wise move BossHogg, doesn't help when they get you behind the curtain and your pecker's smuggling a ton. And to think blokes got fined for thrapping in the Cinema. No justice. I think the conversation went "would you like more Champagne gentleman?". "No can't have another bottle of have Champagne with what I've got". "What have you got?". "Ten marks".

RIP Wolfgang. And the news is all over the BAOR community. There's no place worse than Soltau in winter, and the man, and bell, was a godsend. Combing through threads on this site, the man's an urban legend.
Never been to Kandahar then or, for another option, Ploce Death Camp. Both make one nostalgic for Soltau in a howling easterly snow storm.

I know it's resurrecting a very old thread, but spotted this article this morning.
It said in that link that he retired in 1994, in 1997 on Rhino Replen, a bloke in a bratty van rocked up (I was nearly trampled to death by the TA in the rush to get the doughnuts before they were gone) and all the old soldiers said it was Wolfgang.
Clearly a bit of fast food walting going on.

Never been to Kandahar then or, for another option, Ploce Death Camp. Both make one nostalgic for Soltau in a howling easterly snow storm.
Ploce Death Camp. Built the fecking place in '95. Funny how one gets nostalgic over a shtihole. Whilst we missed the launch of Windows 95, we made damn sure we got the Bruno fight.

Ploce Death Camp. Built the fecking place in '95. Funny how one gets nostalgic over a shtihole. Whilst we missed the launch of Windows 95, we made damn sure we got the Bruno fight.
Took some effort to find a campsite under water...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The site used to flood. They had to put an enormous amount of hardcore down IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They did. And the net result when the water came was that the septic tanks pretty much exploded out of the hardcore. Hence the place being referred to as 'Ploppy', as well as Ploce Death Camp. Somewhere I have a photo of a bloke - a SNCO from 1 R Anglian I think, canoeing between some of the tents.

The sappers did a great job, even if much of their work was ripped up by nature. Their bar was the business - more sandbags than some WW1 battles..

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
. . . Their bar was the business - more sandbags than some WW1 battles..
A splendid facility: even the musk of year-old cow shit lent it a certain ambience.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M The Intelligence Cell 2
Huron_Topp Aviation 8
B Aviation 31