RIP Wolfgang

I know there are a few Wolfgang threads but not (that I can find anyway) an RIP Wolfgang thread, well there is now and so there should be. News abounds that the Brattie and Chips man in the van has gone off to the great crash out area in the sky.

A more well known and glad to be seen man in the whole history of BAOR it is hard to imagine. Thanks for the excellent grub Wolfgang and RIP.

RIP. Quality scoff and ready booze on the go. Brilliant guy

Best map reader in 1(BR) Corps. RIP

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
No! I don't believe it. Show me his obit in Soldier magazine.

I've heard he made a good living out of his efforts, and well deserved I say. It just goes to show that some people really did earn their fortune unlike some of the prima donnas and chinless wonders we hear about all to often these days.

Bowmore_Assassin

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP. As a young officer finding my way across Soltau in the p*ssing rain, he was the greatest of pathfinders. He did a fecking good bratty and chips as well

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

RIP. As a young officer finding my way across Soltau in the p*ssing rain, he was the greatest of pathfinders. He did a fecking good bratty and chips as well

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Indeed, although we all liked quite a lot of the compo stuff, the effect on everyone of his van materialising out of the fog/rain was like that of the Messiah arriving. In fact in could have been a good scene in the Life of Brian.

spaz

LE
Wolfgang Wolfgang up on high,
Why oh why did you have to die,
Come rain or shine, ground high or low,
You were always there to steal the show,
We may have been fat,
We may have been slow,
But Ne'er fear you'd always show,
Growing tubbier by the year,
The Russians we'd no need to fear,
As heart disease and alcoholism would eat our peers.

A BAOR soldier

God bless.

J

JWBenett

RIP Wolfgang. And the news is all over the BAOR community. There's no place worse than Soltau in winter, and the man, and bell, was a godsend. Combing through threads on this site, the man's an urban legend.

Bris

LE
Wolfgang Wolfgang up on high,
Why oh why did you have to die,
Come rain or shine, ground high or low,
You were always there to steal the show,
We may have been fat,
We may have been slow,
But Ne'er fear you'd always show,
Growing tubbier by the year,
The Russians we'd no need to fear,
As heart disease and alcoholism would eat our peers.

A BAOR soldier

God bless.
*sniff*. That's just beautiful. True class, right there.

Wolfgang's brattie van was the stuff legends were made of, when it was bollox freezing, his van would appear like a mirage of tastiness! :D RIP Wolfgang. :(

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
If a scientist could condense the Second World War and the Cold War into a single object from the point of view of a late 20th century Brit squaddie, it would take the form of a Wolfgang Brattie mit Semf oder Mayo, possibly mit Frites und, perchance, ein Pils.. RIP, indeed.

Latest Threads