Are you likely to attend Kris's funeral ? >>PROVISIONAL<<

• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
The past 3 years has been an utter down hill slide of continually stress and bad circumstances beyond my control that have sadly required me to put myself onto assistance from a mental health charity run for the police...the military charities are great, but I cannot blame my time in the forces for what happened, but certainly what did happen in the police service.

Physical ill health caused by an old injury, the wife losing 2 parents in short succession, and the unbelievable stress and lack of support from my service bringing me to a mental breakdown and the effect it had on my wife seeing that, Wife going through a bad menopause with all the closeness problems that causes, having a mother in palliative care and now the final straw being the breakdown of my marriage.

Not playing top trumps....but bugger me.

After waiting since August last year to get any effective NHS support, I approached the police care line and its got the ball rolling immediately.

Too bloody late I am sad to say, the damage to my marriage and the main thing that kept me going is beyond repair.....I have tried but the wife says its not possible for us to go ahead together. Apparently I battened down the hatches and isolated, even though my intention was not to cause any more worry and stress and upset to the wife until I could get a grip......wrong thing to do as I have been told numerous times in the past week.

I like a challenge occasionally, but having to start my life again at 50 at the other side of the country that I grew up and having no family of close friends whilst just starting mental health assistance..no idea what Job I need to go for, No idea where I am going to live and having to sell off all my possessions etc is taking the mickey.

I have made it quite blunt that this is not a situation I especially relish or wanted.

Apart from that its quite Dandy.

Kirkz

LE
Book Reviewer
The past 3 years has been an utter down hill slide of continually stress and bad circumstances beyond my control that have sadly required me to put myself onto assistance from a mental health charity run for the police...the military charities are great, but I cannot blame my time in the forces for what happened, but certainly what did happen in the police service.

Physical ill health caused by an old injury, the wife losing 2 parents in short succession, and the unbelievable stress and lack of support from my service bringing me to a mental breakdown and the effect it had on my wife seeing that, Wife going through a bad menopause with all the closeness problems that causes, having a mother in palliative care and now the final straw being the breakdown of my marriage.

Not playing top trumps....but bugger me.

After waiting since August last year to get any effective NHS support, I approached the police care line and its got the ball rolling immediately.

Too bloody late I am sad to say, the damage to my marriage and the main thing that kept me going is beyond repair.....I have tried but the wife says its not possible for us to go ahead together. Apparently I battened down the hatches and isolated, even though my intention was not to cause any more worry and stress and upset to the wife until I could get a grip......wrong thing to do as I have been told numerous times in the past week.

I like a challenge occasionally, but having to start my life again at 50 at the other side of the country that I grew up and having no family of close friends whilst just starting mental health assistance..no idea what Job I need to go for, No idea where I am going to live and having to sell off all my possessions etc is taking the mickey.

I have made it quite blunt that this is not a situation I especially relish or wanted.

Apart from that its quite Dandy.
Where are you in the country?

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
Are you interested in Rugby by any chance?
It's one of the areas I have been scouting out. It looks like I will be going back into the construction industry on the mobile cranes and there is a few depots around the area.

I'm not sure my depleted sense of humour will be able to deal with Birmingham, before someone suggests that.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
It's one of the areas I have been scouting out. It looks like I will be going back into the construction industry on the mobile cranes and there is a few depots around the area.

I'm not sure my depleted sense of humour will be able to deal with Birmingham, before someone suggests that.
No...

I meant as in Rugby...game played with the egg shaped ball.

In all seriousness, and I do mean this, Birmingham is IMO the greatest city in the country. If I hadn’t grown up there, and I had to live in a city, I’d be there in seconds.

In all seriousness, and I do mean this, Birmingham is IMO the greatest city in the country. If I hadn’t grown up there, and I had to live in a city, I’d be there in seconds.
Hahahahaha you avin a giraffe guv, its a monumental shitehole, having worked in dozens of locations all over brum for over 30 years, and seen its knuckle dragging troglodytes in their natural environment, like Handsworth, lozzells, the east side, the shaftsmore area, sparkhill, and that vast collection of tower blocks behind the big mosque, full of skanks, chavs, piss heads, and nut jobs out of their heads on drugs, and Bearwood, you must be out of your frucking mind if all you can aspire to is BIRMINGHAM. FFS bloke have some small modicum of self respect. Have a nice day :p

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Hahahahaha you avin a giraffe guv, its a monumental shitehole, having worked in dozens of locations all over brum for over 30 years, and seen its knuckle dragging troglodytes in their natural environment, like Handsworth, lozzells, the east side, the shaftsmore area, sparkhill, and that vast collection of tower blocks behind the big mosque, full of skanks, chavs, piss heads, and nut jobs out of their heads on drugs, and Bearwood, you must be out of your frucking mind if all you can aspire to is BIRMINGHAM. FFS bloke have some small modicum of self respect. Have a nice day :p
And that God awful accent!

Nuke it from orbit.

I've only ever visited it for day trips and the occasional weekend trip, but always enjoyed it as a city. Great beer scene and a lot to offer in terms of live music etc.

Yet you’ve stayed in the surrounds for many years.

Hmmm.

All the things you describe could be any city in the country. There’s good and bad in every area.
You didn’t mention Sutton Coldfield, Streetly, Barnt Green, Solihull, Shirley, etc etc. I notice.
I could go on.

endure

GCM
In my last job I wandered round Post Offices in the Midlands fixing EPOS kit.

I always enjoyed a day in Birmingham or Leicester (apart from the traffic) because I knew that I was going to be made welcome and treated with respect. I also knew that the people I helped had a sense of humour unlike some of the 'indigenous' f*ckers who did nothing but whine about how hard done by they were.

In my last job I wandered round Post Offices in the Midlands fixing EPOS kit.

I always enjoyed a day in Birmingham or Leicester (apart from the traffic) because I knew that I was going to be made welcome and treated with respect. I also knew that the people I helped had a sense of humour unlike some of the 'indigenous' f*ckers who did nothing but whine about how hard done by they were.

Who are the 'indigenous' people of the Midlands?

Latest Threads