RIP Supermatelot

Are you likely to attend Kris's funeral ? >>PROVISIONAL<<

• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
He didn't call me but he sent me a PM and now, I believe he was asking for help but not asking at the same time.

It still haunts me a little bit that I didn't delve too deeply and ask he was doing.
I know the feeling all too well. Often one doesn't know what help to ask for, from whom and how. Too often, those who actually do have the responsibility to act just don't care a stuff and, in my case, get kicked in the face time and time again until your life is destroyed. You just feel as though you have little or no choice, become afraid of seeking the 'proper' assistance and just want to cease being a burden on others.
RIP geezer. Wish that you could have stayed stronger.

Apparently "Hurry up and die is not that same as asking someone to kill themselves, though, is it?"

If you type "Kill Yourself" into the search bar and certain individuals names in the members bar, you can see how many times they said it.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I still have the odd wobble now and then. I live in pain every day, for which I take some very heavy duty painkillers and I've been told before that some are dosages they give to cancer patients on end-of-life care.

Despite me feeling sometimes that I'd be better off having a permanent sleep, my mind takes me back to the events of the past and I feel a coward as I don't want to go through them again.

But your life has so much more meaning now...

c08.png

;-)

Apparently "Hurry up and die is not that same as asking someone to kill themselves, though, is it?"
Of course. All normal, mentally healthy people would agree with you.

However.....

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
My 16 year old son (Nat) killed himself last year, we don't know why beyond him having a few issues at school but nothing that couldn't have been fixed.

That night came to our bedroom (and to his older brother's) to say goodnight which was completely unusual but we didn't think anything of it at the time. Obviously he had made his mind up, had decided to put his plan into action (he had acquired his younger brother's morphine) and was saying goodbye. It has hit his older brother hard as he has spent a lot of time second guessing himself - like most teenage siblings they had a fair amount of friction in their relationship - but we have tried to be clear that Nat had made the decision and, although I haven't said this out loud, and obviously been planning it for a while. As such I don't think there's anything any of us could have done although the questions will always be there.

To be completely honest (and I'd probably never say this in person) 'm just glad that he was able to do it at home and in way that was as clean and pain free as possible. At least this way there was no period where he was 'missing' and I was able to be the one to find him rather than a stranger.
I gave you an excellent for telling us this. Not for any other reason.

Thank you for posting.

Although this thread is deeply sad on many levels, I'd like to think that Kris' actions have at least enabled us to talk openly about suicide despite us being mostly men, mostly middle aged, and are therefore the ones who are most at risk, and also the least likely to open up about it. It's just a shame that Kris will never know that.

Snookie

Old-Salt
If you type "Kill Yourself" into the search bar and certain individuals names in the members bar, you can see how many times they said it.
I did just that and wasn’t shocked at what I saw, just think it’s extremely sad if certain posters have to resort to saying things like * kill yourself or * hurry and die to random people on an Internet forum.
Very distasteful and embarrassing.

If you type "kill yourself" into the search bar three times, and press search whilst looking into a mirror, I heard one will subsequently die in ones sleep

I said upthread about my mate who did it.
I saw him the day before & he was smilier than I’d seen him in months. Next day…

I was having counselling at the time & she basically said some people get ending it all into their heads & no amount of talking will change that.
Even if you do ‘talk them out of it’ you’re probably only delaying the inevitable.

Not every case is like that, of course.

People shouldn’t beat themselves up because they didn’t speak to Kris.
It’s pointless & only serves to get yourself into deep place.

It can be because they've decided, finally, to take control of their life, and all the tension had faded away. It's not a good decision, but it brings them peace.

Pagan-Image

War Hero
I gave you an excellent for telling us this. Not for any other reason.

Thank you for posting.

Weaselchap said:
My 16 year old son (Nat) killed himself last year, we don't know why beyond him having a few issues at school but nothing that couldn't have been fixed.

That night came to our bedroom (and to his older brother's) to say goodnight which was completely unusual but we didn't think anything of it at the time. Obviously he had made his mind up, had decided to put his plan into action (he had acquired his younger brother's morphine) and was saying goodbye. It has hit his older brother hard as he has spent a lot of time second guessing himself - like most teenage siblings they had a fair amount of friction in their relationship - but we have tried to be clear that Nat had made the decision and, although I haven't said this out loud, and obviously been planning it for a while. As such I don't think there's anything any of us could have done although the questions will always be there.

To be completely honest (and I'd probably never say this in person) 'm just glad that he was able to do it at home and in way that was as clean and pain free as possible. At least this way there was no period where he was 'missing' and I was able to be the one to find him rather than a stranger.

The only reason I am not 'Liking' this is that as a father who's daughter has gone through self harm it is harrowing for me to read. But thank you for sharing, I cannot comprehend your loss.

Last edited:
It does confuse some.

Then again, this thread is about Kris; not really the place for gripes.
I think he would be happy with people having a cuntoff in his memory.

I did just that and wasn’t shocked at what I saw, just think it’s extremely sad if certain posters have to resort to saying things like * kill yourself or * hurry and die to random people on an Internet forum.
Very distasteful and embarrassing.

Some people post the most juvenile things on this site.

Latest Threads