RIP Supermatelot

Are you likely to attend Kris's funeral ? >>PROVISIONAL<<

• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
They were on another , dedicated, thread.

I've gone through the first 10 pages but can't see any funeral details.

Its Monday, 11:30,

Our Lady, Star of the Sea Catholic Church​

Viewmount Dr, Tobermory, Isle of Mull
PA75 6PG

Arrsers are request to wear a pink carnation as an identification aide.

See you there.

Was made aware earlier of another £500 donation to the PTSD charity.

Awesome.

Kirkz

LE
Just received my Rememberance of Kris from @naffnickname, read through it and now I have to clear the dust from my eyes.
Thank you very much naffnickname for sending me a very fitting tribute to a very much missed person, an excellent job very well done.

Thank you - it is, as I summarised earlier, just a better organsied list of what was said here by so many.

Although the printer queue was right royally screwed by dozens of pages. He is being shy.

Kirkz

LE
Thank you - it is, as I summarised earlier, just a better organsied list of what was said here by so many.

Although the printer queue was right royally screwed by dozens of pages. He is being shy.
Your work made my day even if I did have to use a tissue or three.

Ritch

LE
Your work made my day even if I did have to use a tissue or three.

It's not often people have their day made with the use of tissues... Well that is unless you're browsing xHamster.

F**k sake. Bye, bleep!

I've still not managed to get past half way, to be honest.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Details of how to donate to the two charities mentioned above.

Its payday, cough up and don't forget GIFTAID.

If you want to send a cheque, payable to RNBT the address is

The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust

Castaway House, 311 Twyford Avenue, PORTSMOUTH PO2 8RN
There’s been threads about PTSD Resolution and the Human givens approach many times before. There’s no evidence that it works, they posted on here they could cure PTSD. They can’t really tell you what they do, they give out their own certificates to whoever pays for a course. Sadly they really aren’t that good. Sorry to bring it up but your cash your choices.

Are you able to send it out as a PDF?

I can do Docx.

The interwebs hate me. Since the last update, apparently google thinks I now only deserve German language and content.

Genuinely so very sorry to read of Supermatelot's passing.

He used to pepper my inbox with wonderful questions, illustrative of his immense curiousity and breadth of interests, but particularly picking my (small) brains on the topics of Arabic and Jihadism. Chatting with him on-line was such a pleasure, with his mix of good humour and relentless curiosity. Selfishly, I will miss him - I know only a fraction of the loss to his family and friends.

I do so hope that he is in the peace which passeth all our understanding, and that he would appreciate some small effort to remember him.

Death seemed my servant on the
Road, ’til we were near
And saw you waiting:
When you smiled and in sorrowful
Envy he outran me
And took you apart:
Into his quietness
(TE Lawrence, from the dedication to Seven Pillars of Wisdom)

I was in Guzz at the weekend and happened to bump into someone who also served with Kris at the same time as me. He'd also heard about kris's passing and watched the funeral on the interwebs so there were plenty of people paying their respects from afar.

With assistance, hand-hewn oak pitprops and assiduous use of an industrial floating crane it is now a PDF.

I can do Docx.

The interwebs hate me. Since the last update, apparently google thinks I now only deserve German language and content.

If it can be saved as .docx it can be saved as .pdf

Just go to File/Save As and hit the PDF option.

Edit: Or don't bother as you have sorted it already.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
With assistance, hand-hewn oak pitprops and assiduous use of an industrial floating crane it is now a PDF.
Sorry if I've missed something, but I can't find how to access it.

It isn't downloaded anywhere yet

Latest Threads