RIP Supermatelot

Are you likely to attend Kris's funeral ? >>PROVISIONAL<<

• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
No names but I know one (banned) poster had coughed £500 to the PTSD fund within five minutes of my posting the links.

As you mentioned it is indeed pay day. While there is no distaste or dislike on whom donates. There is no need to highlight the matter attempting redemption for that banned person(s)

Point scoring isn’t smart or clever, people donate what they can when they can.

Kirkz

LE
As you mentioned it is indeed pay day. While there is no distaste or dislike on whom donates. There is no need to highlight the matter attempting redemption for that banned person(s)

It's easier for a poor man to enter the kingdom of heaven than for a rich man to pass through a camels japs eye.

Ritch

LE
No you’re right on that account. However this banned person felt the need to donate, you mentioned it attempting to shame others Into donating.

I never said I was smart or clever

He wasn't attempting to shame others into donating at all! Nothing Bravo wrote implies that.

He wasn't attempting to shame others into donating at all! Nothing Bravo wrote implies that.
Oh really

Its payday, cough up and don't forget GIFTAID

just a gentle steerage then.
I would apologise normally for misreading his post, however in this case I will go with my gut instinct having read his posting style over the years.

Ritch

LE
Oh really

I would apologise normally for misreading his post, however in this case I will go with my gut instinct having read his posting style over the years.

Again, nothing there shaming people into posting. He was posting the links like he said he would after many people asked for said links.

I think if you ask anyone else here, the phrase "it's payday, cough up..." isn't shaming at all. It's ARRSE.

Oh really

My Bold .... I suppose in an obtuse way I and the other ARRSE members who were repeatedly reminding @Bravo_Bravo to post details of family preferred Charities are responsible for that ... I in no way felt steered ... merely informed as requested .

Again, nothing there shaming people into posting. He was posting the links like he said he would after many people asked for said links.

I think if you ask anyone else here, the phrase "it's payday, cough up..." isn't shaming at all. It's ARRSE.
Let’s agree to disagree
My Bold .... I suppose in an obtuse way I and the other ARRSE members who were repeatedly reminding @Bravo_Bravo to post details of family preferred Charities are responsible for that ... I in no way felt steered ... merely informed as requested .
Fair enough, if you look waaay back two members suggested the same charity, which is the one chosen.

Suicide isn’t nice for family, immediate friends and those who work/worked alongside. If financial support helps prevent it just once,then it has served a fitting purpose.

Let’s agree to disagree

Fair enough, if you look waaay back two members suggested the same charity, which is the one chosen.

Suicide isn’t nice for family, immediate friends and those who work/worked alongside. If financial support helps prevent it just once,then it has served a fitting purpose.

Have a Like for that . Finis .

endure

GCM
What I don't understand is why BB edited his original post to insert the word "(banned)" an hour after his first post.

#936 and #937

This is a memorial thread. Handbag swinging thread is thataway, alhtough I am sure someone could start a special willy-waving thread if required, either way squabbling is not meet here.

FFS. Having a scrap when a matelot is not free to join in. What is this world coming to?

No you’re right on that account. However this banned person felt the need to donate, you mentioned it attempting to shame others Into donating.

I never said I was smart or clever
I think you conflated two posts and drew the wrong conclusion or read too much into it. I don't think there was any way that B_B intended to shame anybody. I think B_B's behaviour has been impeccable throughout which has been recognised and applauded. [I feel dirty saying that]

I would say to anybody that if you don't wish to donate that is fine and if you do then give within your means. As with every small charity every penny is valuable and whatever you feel disposed to give will be thankfully received. However, don't feel compelled to donate just because others have and it's not a competition to donate the same amount or more than others.

This is a memorial thread. Handbag swinging thread is thataway, alhtough I am sure someone could start a special willy-waving thread if required, either way squabbling is not meet here.

FFS. Having a scrap when a matelot is not free to join in. What is this world coming to?

That's me out, unless you've got a magnifying glass.

ETA: You wouldn't want to wear it on your nose as a wart.

Last edited:
I think B_B's behaviour has been impeccable throughout which has been recognised and applauded. [I feel dirty saying that]
Indeed. Regardless of what and how BB posts elsewhere on the site he has been thoroughly professional in dealing with Kris's funeral and passing on the relevant information.

Did I specify ownership requirements of the tinkle engine to be wafted about overhead?.

I think I told Supes the story of the time I was in hospital and was visited by a vetinarian friend, who told me about the earrings he made for his civil engineer wife. Not sure if this was before or after the Christmas tree he decorated for his mum. I could say it was a load of of codswallop, but he said it was all balls......

For clarity and no further discussion: ALL suggestions for suitable charities made by site members on this thread were forwarded to Kris's mother. She chose.

BB has simply relayed her choices back to this thread.

See my holding thread where crisis resources are cached until a better thread is built. These came up more than once.