Are you likely to attend Kris's funeral ? >>PROVISIONAL<<

• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Kirkz

LE
It is basically an expurgated copy fo the RIP Supermatelot thread, with discussion removed and occasionally skating over the cirumstances while maintinging the humour and original wording. It ran to 32 A4 pages plus the cover so is quite a long document with a bit of asterisking:

- that cover,
-first page a picture of Kris with his family and an explanation
"These tributes were posted by members of the Army Rumour Service Forum (ARRSE), where Kris dispensed intelligent or pungent views under his Supermatelot pseudonym, (among others) but always with articulacy, wit and humanity – while usually quietly linking people who could assist each other or who might just get on.
Cover portrait – from Mark Ashmeade’s photo
Other photos – the memories he proudly shared with friends"

- page two and three was the Supermatelot fish forum story Gun_Brickie added to his post which BB read at the service .
- This was followed just with a list of everyone by avatar, date and the tribute they posted. Any links to music were included with a youtube link, poetry was sourced with title and author for those less familiar with the chosen work.
- the end page was of the photos shown of Kris holding the run ashore money and teh story behind it as he texted it to me and the ship landing party photo.

Anne, his mum, got a bundle of 8 copies to share with family and the widow got the same. I explained to both that had we had addresses or an undertaker's memorial page, these sentiments would, naturally, have arrived earlier.

If Kris thought he was going to slip away without notice by blowing up the saddle stapler (literally with a late night mushroom of acrid electric smoke) he didn't get his way XD

The undertaker will receive letters and cards and forward them / notify for collection .

The Brennan family or Mrs A Brennan, Mr K Brennan
c/o Helliwells Funeral Service
Stott House,
Burnley Road,
Colne,
BB8 8LA

If anyone really really wants a copy I can do a facsmile : you donate to a sea charity of your choice and I will make up another batch and post 'em out.
That deserves more than the 1 excellent I can give you.
Thank you and well done that woman.

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
If it helps I did tell a druggy beggar to fück off on my way through Nelson Town centre

It helps massively.

I wish you'd have hung on ten minutes, I'd have driven you to the station.

If it helps I did tell a druggy beggar to fück off on my way through Nelson Town centre

He wasn't begging, he felt sorry for you and was offering you 10p for a cup of tea.

RBL do get a lot of money from the general public, as do H4H of course but there are other charities that do tend to get forgotten.

@Rab_C has already mentioned The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust which is surely worth consideration. It's worth mentioning that the RNBT also helps families so should Kris's family require any assistance then they can be pointed in that direction.

The WM (ex-SBS) of my Royal Navy lodge did some work for SSAFA which became his chosen charity. The lodge raised a considerable amount which was donated to them to assist veterans with their PTSD issues which I know was faithfully applied, so are also worth consideration.

Just to add a further comment to my post, which most likely would get missed if I just edited it.

There is also another forces charity that should be borne in mind and that is PTSD Resolution. I can confirm that it was actually to PTSD Resolution that our charitable donations were sent and we raised a considerable sum that paid for treatment for four veterans.

If you or any veterans you know are struggling with PTSD issues then they are there to help.

Nomad1382

War Hero
It's about 1am here and I just got home from my GF's son's house. Marine, Afghan vet, the PTSD had him hard accompanied by a raging paranoia the kept him from the help he needed. His demons finally got the better of him tonight.

If you have PTSD, PLEASE seek help! ASAP

Ritch

LE
It's about 1am here and I just got home from my GF's son's house. Marine, Afghan vet, the PTSD had him hard accompanied by a raging paranoia the kept him from the help he needed. His demons finally got the better of him tonight.

If you have PTSD, PLEASE seek help! ASAP

I am very sorry to hear that.

SITREP

Just spoke to his mum Anne, she is happy to take our steer so I've got in touch with the Royal Naval Benevolent Trust, and PTSD Resolution asking for eg. a link so that donations in Kris's memory can be made.

I'll post as soon as I have heard back.

Thanks for the suggestions, muchachos.

Anne is still astonished at the number of people who held Kris in such obvious high regard, and she is utterly delighted with the awesome booklet put together by @naffnickname

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
I can't speak for any of the others that attended but I cannot believe it is a week since the service already. It has absolutely gone in a flash. I spent today reading some of the PM's and emails that me and Kris shared.

Thanks for the info @Bravo_Bravo , I'll await the link and throw some money in the pot.

Details of how to donate to the two charities mentioned above.

Its payday, cough up and don't forget GIFTAID.

If you want to send a cheque, payable to RNBT the address is

The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust

Castaway House, 311 Twyford Avenue, PORTSMOUTH PO2 8RN

Details of how to donate to the two charities mentioned above.

Its payday, cough up and don't forget GIFTAID.

If you want to send a cheque, payable to RNBT the address is

The Royal Naval Benevolent Trust

Castaway House, 311 Twyford Avenue, PORTSMOUTH PO2 8RN

Donation with GIFTAID made to PTSD Resolution .

No names but I know one (banned) poster had coughed £500 to the PTSD fund within five minutes of my posting the links.

Last edited:

Ritch

LE
In all seriousness, I've thrown £20 into each charity. Funds are very limited right now otherwise it'd be more.

It's not the amount at the time - in future when we think of giving, we have now have deserving causes to mind and can give again. Each following donation, no matter how small, is a little rememberance of Kris.

No names but I know one (banned) poster had coughed £500 to the PTSD fund within five minutes of my posting the links.
That is a very generous donation. BZ