RIP Supermatelot

Are you likely to attend Kris's funeral ? >>PROVISIONAL<<

• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
I'd like to echo the thanks and appreciation to @Bravo_Bravo for his involvement and the way he liaised with the family and for providing the information of the funeral arrangements for us to either attend personally or to follow via the live stream. It was clearly apparent that Kris's family appreciated the support and to learn how well regarded Kris was, particularly by those who had never met him in real life.

At this point I would like to request that BB is specifically excluded from this year's SPOTY competition, which I know will piss him off.

At this point I would like to request that BB is specifically excluded from this year's SPOTY competition, which I know will piss him off.
Performing a valuable service does have its drawbacks.

My bold.

Kirkz

LE
If anyone would like to watch the service, the will need a faceache account, but the link is here. It's a Catholic service so its an hour.

Thanks for posting the link.
Just watched the service and now I'm off to remove the dust from my eyes.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I'd like to echo the thanks and appreciation to @Bravo_Bravo for his involvement and the way he liaised with the family and for providing the information of the funeral arrangements for us to either attend personally or to follow via the live stream. It was clearly apparent that Kris's family appreciated the support and to learn how well regarded Kris was, particularly by those who had never met him in real life.

Pipe down Vera.

D

Deleted 136127

Thanks for posting the link.
Just watched the service and now I'm off to remove the dust from my eyes.

I’ve not set foot in a Catholic Church since I was 11. My over riding memory is coughing and spluttering from the incense that is liberally used to cover everyone and everything in the first 10 rows!

I watched it in a hospital car park before going in to see a consultant. I think he must have wondered why I seemed a tad subdued. Not a great day.

Ritch

LE
I’ve not set foot in a Catholic Church since I was 11. My over riding memory is coughing and spluttering from the incense that is liberally used to cover everyone and everything in the first 10 rows!

I watched it in a hospital car park before going in to see a consultant. I think he must have wondered why I seemed a tad subdued. Not a great day.

Yes the Priest did manage to liberally sprinkle everyone with the holy water. Us ARRSEr's were in the third row on the right and the incense did have me on the verge of a coughing fit

Any info from the family yet concerning preferred Charities for donations in lieu of flowers ?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Yes the Priest did manage to liberally sprinkle everyone with the holy water. Us ARRSEr's were in the third row on the right and the incense did have me on the verge of a coughing fit
He threw Holy Water on ARRSErs?
6ba5fc0e-cfe2-40ca-86cc-c473b12be927_text.gif

Much like @Simmerit , My Catholic church attendance has waned since public school, and I did wonder at that point whether to grab a fire extinguisher and hose the fellow down until I recalled being ritually gassed in chapel as a boy.

After what BB has done, I think he should be disqualified from the SPOTY competition for eternity at least.

Fair play to you BB, you stepped up and did bloody well, very, very well tbh.
Like I said, if I bump into you one day I'll buy you a pint.

I was a bit underwhelmed by the fiery handbag giving off a mere piddly whiff of stale Prinatch abbey mix until the priest put on a tablespoon of incense and finally achieved a proper proper smokescreen. Being in the posher upwind seats proved to be handy.

BB didn't do at all badly. He could be SPORT of the year, instead.

I’ve only ever been in a Catholic Church once, for a wedding. The bride was a left footer, and the groom was on my course at 8 Sigs (not a left footer). I think there were 5 or 6 of us that went up to Newcastle for the ceremony. Not one of us, including the groom, had a flipping clue about their procedures, so colour us surprised, when a bunch of dîckheads off the street came in for the Mass and free wine. While we’re there in our 2s trying to marry off our mate. All a bit weird.

But yesterday’s gig seemed very good to me; grand job.

@Roadster280 , Kris's mum was surprised when someone answered her question about who can come freom where and was answered "From London" . So when I told her of your plan to fly over she was - as I told you the family would be - deeply, deeply touched by the intention and more so by the attempt. She agreed with your need to stay at home and that she couldn't believe that you even considered such a journey and found it a comfort. As did his brother Karl. I don't think she really believed it until others said the same at another point.

How is your SiL doing?

Latest Threads