• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
what a carry on...

skynews-dame-barbara-windsor_5416676.jpg
Genuine query.

Guy on the left with two up with a crown over. Never seen that before.

Is it a Household Div thing?
Lance Corporal of Horse or somesuch.

Aphra

Old-Salt
Like many here I never met Kris but only knew and liked him as Supermatelot. He gave me many a laugh on the Tonight I Cooked thread and seemed like a genuine good egg, one of those posters you wished you knew in real life.

Yesterday, randomly, it got very dusty here when I listened to this:

Had this from Tinman, offline. He has asked me to post this .

Seems very pertinent.

IMG_1346.JPG

Had this from Tinman, offline. He has asked me to post this .

Seems very pertinent.

View attachment 606179
Thanks for posting that, Bravo².

Many thanks, also for the effort you've put in to make sure Kris was remembered the right way.

I'd echo what @Jimmy_Green said on the way back home. It's obvious you've taken a quiet role of leadership without asking for thanks, and your eulogy to Kris was the right thing at the right time.

I hope we can all meet again in happier circumstances.

AV

Thanks for posting that, Bravo².

Many thanks, also for the effort you've put in to make sure Kris was remembered the right way.

I'd echo what @Jimmy_Green said on the way back home. It's obvious you've taken a quiet role of leadership without asking for thanks, and your eulogy to Kris was the right thing at the right time.

I hope we can all meet again in happier circumstances.

AV
Very kind words, much appreciated.

I felt it was the Right Thing To Do, and many of us would have done exactly the same.

The enormity has kicked in tonight, he's gone, we'll never be able to speak again.

I felt it was the Right Thing To Do, and many of us would have done exactly the same
I doubt that many of us would ever be in a position of such personal involvement. I can only echo what many have already said but I will add that if you feel the need to unburden yourself, there'll be many willing to listen and thereby share the load.

I doubt that many of us would ever be in a position of such personal involvement. I can only echo what many have already said but I will add that if you feel the need to unburden yourself, there'll be many willing to listen and thereby share the load.
That's appreciated. I think someone posted something along the lines of 'blokes are shit about talking about things, speak to us, we'll listen, but you're still a ****'.

I might be paraphrasing, but that was my take home message. But the acerbicty couldn't help but make me laugh.

D

Deleted 136127

If anyone would like to watch the service, the will need a faceache account, but the link is here. It's a Catholic service so its an hour.

Thank you