RIP Supermatelot

Are you likely to attend Kris's funeral ? >>PROVISIONAL<<

• Yes, without doubt

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Probably, circumstances depending

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters
Had a knock on the door last night from two PCs who advised me that Kris's body had been found in his home yesterday.

Kris had been low lately; underlying health issues, domestic grief plus what seemed to be PTSD from a hideous time in Africa.

He was a highly intelligent, articulate and funny guy who had become quite a close friend over the years. Served in the Royal Navy, not sure which ships but I know he was on HMS Montrose.

He leaves a wife ( from whom he'd recently separated) and three young children.

Rest in Peace, Kris.

I didn't know the chap but he was an interesting poster. I'm sorry to hear of his passing - we tend not to know what others are dealing with. Condolences to all concerned, including yourself BB.

Last edited:
Had a knock on the door last night from two PCs who advised me that Kris's body had been found in his home yesterday.

Kris had been low lately; underlying health issues, domestic grief plus what seemed to be PTSD from a hideous time in Africa.

He was a highly intelligent, articulate and funny guy who had become quite a close friend over the years. Served in the Royal Navy, not sure which ships but I know he was on HMS Montrose.

Rest in Peace, Kris.
Didn't know him, but this is very sad news to read.

As per the title, RIP Supermatelot, and condolences to his family and friends.

Thoughts are with his family.

Whining Civvy

War Hero
That's rubbish. Thanks for letting us all know. RIP.

That's awful news - exchanged PMs with him a couple of weeks back in which he enquired whether I might influence Magic_Mushroom back on site any time soon. May he RIP, and condolences to family and friends.

Rest in Peace, Kris.
RIP indeed, his posts are now the memory we keep.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Bloody hell. I shall miss him on the cookery thread.

RIP

Yokel

LE
F***! Poor bastard. I had not PMd him for ages but he did try to help me with my (service related) issues. He withdrew from ARRSE a few weeks ago, but I had no idea things were that bad.

RIP Shipmate.

F***! Poor bastard. I had not PMd him for ages but he did try to help me with my (service related) issues. He withdrew from ARRSE a few weeks ago, but I had no idea things were that bad.

RIP Shipmate.
Also to the fore advising the lad who had to bin basic.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
This is a shame. Used to chat offline. Knew he had separated, liked the odd drink etc.

Only messaged him recently to see how he was getting on.

I know the Supermatelow account was zapped as part of it, but he also used to post as "Nobody" and "Prince Harry".

Rest in peace, Kris.

And we all take one pace forwards towards the front of the queue . condolences to him and his people.
Rip .

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
RIP Shipmate.

While we never met in person, we spoke frequently and had a lot of things in common. (Similar age, military experience etc. etc.)

As a father of similarly aged kids to his, I can’t begin to imagine what led to this and the massive gap he will now leave behind.

On the plus side, at least no one will ever have to suffer his horrendous attempt at a cheesy hammy eggy again.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP Kris, I give you the same epitaph I gave Seaweed.

Wrap me up in me oilskin and Jumper
No more on the docks I'll be seen
Just tell me old shipmates, I'm taking a trip mates
And I'll see you someday on Fiddlers Green