RIP RV Ops

Real shame, good clobber good service

Seems like a lot of it about

Afe they having a firesale

NSP

LE
Says this now:-

14-11-2014 10-05-22.jpg

Ahh noticed last night driving past their shop that the shops signage lights were turned off and thought that strange. To be honest though it wouldn't surprise me, many places here in Plymouth were cheaper AND did forces discounts too- from what I understood they wern't too popular around here with the Bootnecks.

No idea on that- but the shop did used to be here at Bickleigh when it first started out.

That is a shame, as I have used them in the past and found them very helpful and bang on the money for service etc.

They had a whole host of vids on YouTube too.

I can't fault tir business ethic, sometimes you just can't win.

RV2(?) at Brecon will still be open though, they split a while back.

I did notice their ads had been replaced with "forces tax claims made easy"

I wonder if these events are connected?

Bad CO

Admin
I spoke to Andy earlier today and can confirm that this is true. Very sad news as he's a lovely bloke (ex RM btw). I'm meeting him for a beer next week so will no doubt get the full story.

Shame, They had had a large expensive to rent /high rates unit , I`d guess overheads killed them , eCommerce is the only way these days for most retail sales for small operators.

fatmini

War Hero
Having a shop people can walk in seems to be a "nice to have" and not "a must have" these days.
I would be surprised if they couldn't go 100% online ,storage units out of town should be alot cheaper to run.

They sold some decent kit and like others I also had good service from them, the downside is they charged top dollar for everything! Still a shame though.

Having a shop people can walk in seems to be a "nice to have" and not "a must have" these days.
I would be surprised if they couldn't go 100% online ,storage units out of town should be alot cheaper to run.

They were on an industrial/retail estate , probably £2k pm plus rates , somewhere like Devonport would be a lot cheaper , a rough hole , not that the local mongs would have been a problem for the boss.
Retail is very tough these days , online shops are nearly always essential unless you have a unique product that no one else can retail (like Pintleberry knives:)) ,margins are very small if you are competitive , as little as 10% , hopefully RVops may go that route with a collection point for callers as there`s so many service men and women based locally.

well I always thought what all these kit shops would do after Afgan closed. A lot of them popped up all selling the same gear at the same price.

Latest Threads