Rip RTFQ

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bad CO, May 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

There must be something in the air at the moment but I've just heard that we've lost another legendary ARRSEr. Those who met RTFQ in real life said he was just as funny in real life as on here.

If you've got a spare couple of hours that you want to spend with tears (of laughter) rolling down your face then I can recommend starting at his ARRSEpedia page and then reading those threads.

Contrary to expectations, it wasn't some virulent tramp induced STD that got him in the end but a brain tumour. That is definitely not what he would have wanted.

2. Well, that's put a dampener on my day.

3. RIP

Perhaps an 'In Memoriam' page is called for: similar to the arrsepedia pages but with a few well chosen and positive words on deceased members.

Not too mawkish I hope.

4. Sad news indeed, one of the site's wittiest contributors.

5. Most of the links on the page link to the same thread - "Pardon my erection", and the ones that don't just link to the NAAFI entry page.

This is the vast amount of missing threads and links from arrsepaedia that don't work I was telling you about a couple of weeks ago

6. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

That Spanish plane crash was a joyous thread and it was fun to kill him.

Sadly this one is true and although he hasn't posted much in a few years, he's a blokes who's input that will be missed.

I don't like RIP type threads, but Brett was a trully funny bloke who would bend over backwards to help his mates out.

Go easy you short arsed buck toothed stumpy fuck.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Say it's another wind up - please.

8. Thoughts to friends and family

any news as to how Little RTFQ is coping with the loss?

9. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

Sadly the ginger dwarf has eaten his last apple through a chain-link fence.

Not a wind up.

10. RIP RTFQ, as they say these things happen in 3s, can Whet be the next one please?

• Like Like x 4
  11. RTFQ's thread "Pardon My Erection" is the thread that got thrown up in a Google search for something or other 4 years ago, and led me to joining the site.

RIP you funny fucker.

• Like Like x 2
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Sad news.