RIP Pete Postlewaite

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by jumpinjarhead, Jan 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whenever you saw his name amongst the actors, you knew it would be worth watching.

A sad day. RIP.

2. Been top of the news here all day .... yes a good actor but top of the BBC news all day ? ... there were deff more important things to report in the news today than than the death of an actor.

3. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

Indeed a fine actor and a sad loss to the profession. And incidentally related to in-laws of mine. Hadn't been well for a while apparently but they thought he'd last a while longer...

4. RIP

Will be missed by many

5. Great actor,loved his Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswill in 'Sharpe.'

6. He was as despicable as the other great villain, Major General Sir Henry Simmerson played so well by that other great character actor, Michael Cochrane.

7. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

You watch Sharpe in America?!

8. Indeed so-in fact we just got a telly 2 months ago when they finally strung electrics out to us. ;-)

9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Well bugger me gently! You'll be telling me you have flushing lavatories next.

10. What are they? ;-)

11. I understand they're a form of commode popular in a certain district of New York. These townies, eh? Damned unhygenic if you ask me.

12. Indeed so. They have no clue of the quality time one spends in the "shed" under the extremely healthy grape arbor reading one's toilet paper. Plus for our "climate change" friends it is ever so "sustainable" and carbon neutral.

13. Not to mention the healthy exercise and change of scenery every few months.

[​IMG]

14. Exactly, a veritable kaleidoscope of entertainment. It is, however, a bit hard on the neighbors should they forget and cast their eyes in my direction while I am sojourning "out back."