RIP Pete Postlewaite

Been top of the news here all day .... yes a good actor but top of the BBC news all day ? ... there were deff more important things to report in the news today than than the death of an actor.

Great actor,loved his Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswill in 'Sharpe.'
He was as despicable as the other great villain, Major General Sir Henry Simmerson played so well by that other great character actor, Michael Cochrane.

I understand they're a form of commode popular in a certain district of New York. These townies, eh? Damned unhygenic if you ask me.

I understand they're a form of commode popular in a certain district of New York. These townies, eh? Damned unhygenic if you ask me.
Indeed so. They have no clue of the quality time one spends in the "shed" under the extremely healthy grape arbor reading one's toilet paper. Plus for our "climate change" friends it is ever so "sustainable" and carbon neutral.

Indeed so. They have no clue of the quality time one spends in the "shed" under the extremely healthy grape arbor reading one's toilet paper. Plus for our "climate change" friends it is ever so "sustainable" and carbon neutral.
Not to mention the healthy exercise and change of scenery every few months.

Not to mention the healthy exercise and change of scenery every few months.

Exactly, a veritable kaleidoscope of entertainment. It is, however, a bit hard on the neighbors should they forget and cast their eyes in my direction while I am sojourning "out back."

Never saw him live on the stage but I am sure his characters would have all been played with the same skill and realism as those he portrayed on TV or in film . Another great actor who will be sadly missed . Agree his Sergeant Obadiah Hakeswill in Sharpe was superb .

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
He was as despicable as the other great villain, Major General Sir Henry Simmerson played so well by that other great character actor, Bernard Cornwell.
Slight point of order. Bernard Cornwell was the author who created all the characters. Sir Henry Simmerson was played by Michael Cochrane.

Slight point of order. Bernard Cornwell was the author who created all the characters. Sir Henry Simmerson was played by Michael Cochrane.
I beg your pardon-disconnect between my eyes, brain and fingers. It seems to be happening with dramatically increasing frequency.

He was as despicable as the other great villain, Major General Sir Henry Simmerson played so well by that other great character actor, Michael Cochrane.
Er, that incompetent boob (he who lost the King's Colours!) was played by Michael Cochrane, not Byron Cornwell (who wrote the Sharpe stories) You're just pulling my leg, aren't you? :?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ciggie The NAAFI Bar 30
Dunservin Royal Navy 2
RhodieBKK Southern Africa 6