RIP Our 'Enry

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fairy_nuff, May 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just come on Sky that Henry Cooper has died shame
  2. What a shame. RIP.
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Been a bad weekend:

Richard Holmes
    Ted Lowe
    Henry Cooper

RIP all of you.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. complete legend, RIP
  5. RIP. Condolences to family.

The best World Heavyweight Champion the UK never had, thanks to Angelo Dundee slicing open Ali's glove and thus giving him extra time to recover after Henry dropped the Greatest on his arse...
  6. HHH

HHH LE

R.I.P Very sad indeed.
  7. RIP. A true legend has passed on.
  8. Not like a jock to miss out the Ghadaafis. :)
  9. One of his relations was confirmed, at my prep school and he was in attendance, this was back in the early 70's, he was kind and polite with all the hero-worshipping schoolboys, who lost all interest in matters eccleciastical.

But we were polite and didn't crowd him.

As each of these sporting stars go down, I look at their successors and wonder if Rooney, Cole, or Henson will be remembered in the same way.
  10. True legend and Gentleman
  11. Will the Brut stop coming from my Aunties at Christmas now?
  12. You are having a giraffe aren't you?.They stopped selling Brut yonks ago(lends yer last vapours of hai karate).
  13. Had a bit of dust in my eye when I saw this. What a true gentleman. R.I.P
  14. Dearie me, Jarrod 248 mentioned Brut, a fine fragrance in my opinion, I had forgotten the adverts, but in tribute to him and Barry Sheene tonight I will'

Splash it on all over.
  15. A perfect gentleman. I grew up in SE London and he was always seen as the perfect hero, self-depreciating, but illustrustaring the very best that could be expected, allowing others to follow. The true definition of a natural leader. He will be sorely missed.