RIP Ord_Sgt

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by directionalgyro, May 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know it happened a few months ago, and although we didn't see eye to eye on many things, and had a few spats in internetshire, in private we sorted our differences and I would like to think before he shuffled off this mortal coil counting me as a friend.

View Profile: Ord_Sgt - The Army Rumour Service

For those of you who are unaware, he was in Amsterdam for a conference and suffered a massive heart attack. Unfortunately the ambulance wasn't quite fast enough and he pronounced DOA.

So charge your glasses and have a drink tonight for Ord_Sgt. The NAAFI Bar and ARRSE in general are a quieter and less fun place for your passing.
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

3. RIP O_S. Must have missed that bit of news.
  4. He might have come across as a bit of a chopper but he was a thoroughly good egg in person.
  5. Never met him, had the odd cyber run in, however, he always had an opinion and would back himself. Made me chuckle from time to time as well. Good luck in the Duty Bunk in the sky :)
    • Like Like x 7
  6. I thought he was mad as a hatter and the most extraordinarily dedicated drunk I've ever witnessed. I can't say I disliked him personally, indeed his semi-coherent and rage-filled outbursts were a constant treat.

I particularly treasure the PMs in which he sent me his overseas phone number and demanded that I call him immediately so that he could punch me there and then.

I'll be more than happy to raise a glass of toilet duck in his memory.
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Absolutely gutted.

I've just microwaved a frozen pizza with the plastic wrapper still on.
    • Like Like x 8
  8. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Always sad to hear that one of ARRSE has pegged it. Sometimes it's hard to remember there's actually (in most cases anyway) a real human being behind the keyboard bashing.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. I'll raise a glass of turps to him this evening.
  11. Total posts 9,907.

Likes received 84.

You couldn't help but like him anyway.

Dusty n all that.
  12. Some men have the courage to speak truth unto power.

Ord_Sgt, on the other hand, spoke incoherent balls unto anyone. ARRSE has lost one of its most entertaining characters.
    • Like Like x 10
  13. RIP. A feisty fellah indeed, just as a matter of interest did he have a shed?