RIP My Father.

Discussion in 'REME' started by cantbearsed2, Sep 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The late SSGT Geordie Keith Hudson

REME Gun-fitter, His last posting was 101 regt RA, He left in 1993.

He died not unexpectedly after fighting cancer for the last 2 years, God rest his soul.

His cremation is on Monday morning.
  2. Thank you to whom ever it was that wrote that wonderful letter to my mum. She was deeply grateful that someone still remembers him and cared enough to write.
  3. Didn't see the original post, sorry to hear of your loss.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Please accept my condolences.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. So you do have feelings then?.Condolences can't be arsed.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. My dad died back in 1971 while I was three thousand miles away, and I miss him every single day of my life.

Condolences, however belated, are still heartfelt, Sir.

You have mine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

It looks like a great day on Gibraltar for him.

My sympathies. I can't begin to know how this makes you feel.

My Old Man is Ex REME as well but I am lucky enough to still have him with me.
    • Like Like x 4
  8. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

and pause for thought, I think I'll ring the old boy in the morning. He was a better soldier than I ever was, ( mind you not half as good as my little brother who redefines the word ally, they were always having pissing contests but I think the old boy now has the good grace to accept he's been bested )
    • Like Like x 2
  9. My condolences.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

You and me both, something we can agree on. :eek:)
  11. I'm sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.
  12. My condolences for your loss. I only wish I had a relationship with my father. Despite my attempts to hold out an olive branch to him he refuses to speak to me.
  13. My condolences to you mate.
    I lost my dad nearly a year ago now to a heart attack. He was an ex-RAOC, drill pig.
    I miss him every day. Its especially bad this weekend as the Ryder Cup is on. He loved golf and he'd watch every minute of the Ryder Cup.
  14. Sincere condolences... My Dad died in 1981. I served in the same regiment, (as did my Granddad and Great Granddad), in its amalgamed form. I miss him still and strive to be as good of a man as he was but know I fail at times so use his methods and re-group... Never forgotten old mate! ;-)
  15. Dusty? The Sahara is wetter than in here.

Quite a few seem to think we don.t measure up to our old man; when he served in the RRA he could be a complete bastard at times but after he.d been out for a few years he wasn.t a bad bloke at all. Never was the soldier he was though, nor the man.

Lost him 5 years ago to cancer but never forgotten.