RIP Mr PH: Design a new ARRSE Logo

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Given the possible demise of Mr PH as the public face of ARRSE (see Thread) I thought I'd have a crack at designing a new logo and offer it up in the hope of its finding favour or stirring others to greater heights.

Obviously this is a rough image not the finished product and he is saluting Hasbro because I can't draw a gat at such short notice. He would also come in temperate DPM

Working name is Pte Helmet. (Double entredre meant)

Apologies for the bare faced cheek of stealing GCO and BCO perogative to start a thread like this but...

Bit of a work in progress with this one

Command_doh

LE
Book Reviewer

Surely if its a variation of the potato head theme (purple helmet man looks good though :D ), they will just issue another cease and desist notice? Once these b@stards sink their hooks in, they rarely let go.

wompingwillow said:

Bit of a work in progress with this one
On a different note your Peace Lily could do with a water and some dead leaves removed.

And a Rear Party version ( prepares for incoming from the Ronhilers!)

I propose this.

It goes against the grain to just buckle under.

Can't we just turn the original logo round so that he has no features that would relate him to Hasbro's product. And in tradition, rename him "Still".

I say we set our sites higher! Lets take on each heartless multinational one logo at a time. I propose the next logo (forgive me but work don't see the need for me to have anything more powerful then Microsoft Paint on the graphics front!) be somewhat similar to a well known search engine out there!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Deadreckon said:
I say we set our sites higher! Lets take on each heartless multinational one logo at a time. I propose the next logo (forgive me but work don't see the need for me to have anything more powerful then Microsoft Paint on the graphics front!) be somewhat similar to a well known search engine out there!

Like this:

R.I.P Mr P.H.... Loving the new logo though boys, spilt my beer when i logged on. :D

NASTY HASBRO

A few years ago I was working for a landmine clearance charity and we wanted to try and get Hasbro to release an Action Man figure in demining gear. A fundraiser for the charity. I mocked up an Action Man figure and sent pictures into Stockley Park.

They went ballistic - 'infringing Action Man's intellectual copyright' they said. 'See you in court' I said. Naturally they wouldn't play ball!

Interestingly, the last brand manager for Hasbro and the guy who authorised the Action Man nostalgia collection was a cracking guy - ex. Royal Sigs.

Arrse, I'd be tempted to stand your ground.......

candleford said:
NASTY HASBRO

A few years ago I was working for a landmine clearance charity and we wanted to try and get Hasbro to release an Action Man figure in demining gear. A fundraiser for the charity. I mocked up an Action Man figure and sent pictures into Stockley Park.

They went ballistic - 'infringing Action Man's intellectual copyright' they said. 'See you in court' I said. Naturally they wouldn't play ball!

Interestingly, the last brand manager for Hasbro and the guy who authorised the Action Man nostalgia collection was a cracking guy - ex. Royal Sigs.

Arrse, I'd be tempted to stand your ground.......
You might have had better luck if you'd sent a mock-up of an action man wearing a ripped de-mining suit, singed hair and minus a leg.

BuggerAll said:
Deadreckon said:

Like this:

Now this one is very interesting. I speak from experience!

Like this:

[/quote]

choosing a username which is also a nickname could have been harmful
except I 'd also destroyed mine long before I discovered the internet :oops: