RiP Major Paul Harding

I have just learned that Paul Harding has died at the PJCC in Basrah City. To say I am utterly saddened is an understatement. I knew Paul only very briefly as he was the COS of the unit that took over from us during the Bde relief in place and he was a true gentleman. You could see that he guys thought the world of him and after a 4 hour gun battle that we were involved in, you could also see his determination to ensure that the lads in the PJCC would continue the good work and dare I say it surpass what we had achieved with 19 Lt Bde. I am very sad this afternoon and my thoughts are with his wife and two sons whom he spoke of often during our handover/takeover. As a Gunner, I salute you Paul. Rest in Peace mate.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Very sad to hear. My thoughts are with his family. RIP.

RIP, Rest Easy..End Of Mission

From a serving Gunner.

Ubique

Requiescat In Pace

What a terrible ending to 30 years in the Army, outrageous.

RIP rifleman - you will never be forgotten

mysteron

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP

Mods - Any chance of an edited (OPSEC et al) copy on here? - I am not on DII. I do not profess to know the man, but I have heard his name during my travels as being a good egg. If this request has a journo concern then I respect the need that we don't do it.

It's on the MOD website here and having read it, I think I may have something in my eye...

RIP