RIP Mac

Not sure of the Persec so I'll leave it as Mac. Went away on 24 Jan 21.
Possibly the most polarising character I've ever met. I've got friends that despise him and friends that would literally lay down their lives for him.
I will say that he didn't always get things right, but he didn't ever shy away from a difficult situation and always took his responsibilities seriously, up and down the chain.
I last saw him when I babysat for him (shite snacks, awesome TV) about 4 years ago. He leaves behind an amazing family and a huge vacuum for everyone that knew him.
One last point, there is a rumour that he still holds the record for the most RAF servicemen under minor sanction at the same time....and my dog was shit scared of him.

Certa Cito

Last edited:
Not sure of the Persec so I'll leave it as Mac. Went away on 24 Jan 20.
Possibly the most polarising character I've ever met. I've got friends that despise him and friends that would literally lay down their lives for him.
I will say that he didn't always get things right, but he didn't ever shy away from a difficult situation and always took his responsibilities seriously, up and down the chain.
I last saw him when I babysat for him (shite snacks, awesome TV) about 4 years ago. He leaves behind an amazing family and a huge vacuum for everyone that knew him.
One last point, there is a rumour that he still holds the record for the most RAF serviceman under minor sanction at the same time....and my dog was shit scared of him.

Certa Cito
Care to share which Mac? Via PM? I ask because my friends and former colleagues are dropping like flies at the minute

Dads203

Old-Salt
RIP matey, Was one of my first Det Commanders back in the early 90‘s at 206 Sig Sqn, he will be very sorely missed. Very sorry to hear this news.

There have been numerous RIP threads on here where the deceased has been named openly - is the Persec to respect the family wishes?
RIP. Certa Cito

Dads203

Old-Salt
It was shared on the Rhinos Rest group which I think is a closed group for ex 6 Armd Bde 206 Sig Sqn members, Mac was still serving so probably the the lack of info.

Last edited:

Latest Threads