RIP George Kay

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jack-daniels, Aug 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Put in the bag in Arnhem and sent to colditz, see the other thread, bloke was a 24 carat all star legend

2. Met George in Arnhem 2004 and Pompy Paras 2008 great guy RIP George

3. Where's the other thread mate?

4. Pte. George Kay - "Stand down" RIP

5. Always a pleasure to read about the lives of these old gents that puts our own comfortable lives in perspective. Sadly they are getting fewer and fewer now which is why it becomes more and more important to remember this period in our history - something schools now seem keen to brush aside

6. We should all learn from Georges experiences during his long life time, and in particular his views and beliefs regarding the ex veterans community to who George dedicated the rest of his life to.

This man publicly stated that veterans were being treated like vermin by today's government and he would literally chain himself to the gates of Buck palace in protest about this for the whole world to see.

George was the bravest of the brave, a true gentleman and hero in the truest sense of the word.

R.I.P George. :salut::salut::salut:

ParaData | A living history of the Parachute Regiment and Airborne Forces

7. George,

Glad to have met you and even more so that we were on the same side.

May you rest in peace for eternity.

8. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

[​IMG]

Proper fella

9. Met George a few times. Top man and someone you could listen to four hours. RIP George.

10. There's an ex 6th Airborne Div veteran who lives down the road from us, I pointed him out to my son as someone to be looked up to.

As Jeromesausage says they are getting fewer. They should be remembered.

11. It was an honour to have know you George, you were an inspiration to many, including me.

VH

12. Don't think he went Colditz, unless his rank was classified as OR?

13. RIP George - it was an honour to have met you

14. Rest easy Sir. We will remember you.