RIP Command Sergeant Major Plumley, veteran of 3 wars

Discussion in 'US' started by jumpinjarhead, Oct 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. I think three threads on the guy, as stoating a feller as he was, is getting a bit much

2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

three threads is not enough to honour such a MAN.

• Like Like x 1
  3. When they are obviously unintended (that they are in different fora should be an obvious clue) duplications I think your post is rather gratuitous under the circumstances. My view is to err on the side of acknowledging such a soldier on his passing.

4. Advanced Search - The Army Rumour Service

For such a soldier, someone else may have had the same idea

5. Perhaps but I still find the comment gratuitous especially when one can see the title of the offending thread and merely move on to the next thing. I do that quite often. In my own defense, not that I feel it necessary, I often use ARRSE via my mobile that affords limited functionality and also suggests I am in a hurry doing other things.

6. RIP. One of the finest.

7. Once more, could the MODS merge the threads into one please.

AND once more, RIP.

8. Three wars and its the cancer that gets him.....

RIP sir

9. _Chimurenga_

_Chimurenga_ LE Gallery Guru

Not quite. If you've read the articles, you'll note that his wife preceded him in death in May. I've found it's a rather usual occurrence that when the husband dies first, his widow will live on for years and years. However, when the wife dies first, the husband will often follow in less than six months.