RIP Columbo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by blobmeister, Jun 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will he be buried in his mac?

2. I'll bet there's "Just one more thing that's been bothering me" before they send him on his way!

3. Will his 'wife' attend the funeral...the one you never see in the drama?

4. Actually she had her own series called imaginatively 'Mrs Columbo' where she also solved crimes and she was played by the actress Kate Mulgrew who later went on to play Captain Janeway in Star Trek - Voyager.
    Now you see, if you were a proper Columbo Anorak (did you see what I did there?) you'd know this. ;-)

5. Everyday a school day!

6. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

His autobiography 'Just one more thing' is worth a read. It would appeal to ARRSErs. RIP.

7. the poor old sod had dementia, couldn't look after himself and didn't know who columbo was or the fact he played him

may he rest in peace now hes been released from this evil affliction

• Like Like x 1
  8. I actually remembered the Mrs Columbo series from when it was on, probably even watched a couple of them, but that was as far as it went. I had to google for the rest of the information.

RIP Peter. One of the greats IMO.

9. Stand down old Peugeot and mac

10. Probably forgot to leave details of where to find Maddie.

11. All this dementia/death stuff is just a clever ploy to con some smart-arse murderer into admitting that he butchered his wife.