RIP - Capt Tom Sawyer 29 Cdo

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by GunnersQuadrant, Jan 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Below is a quote from MOD news reference the death of Capt Tom Sawyer who was killed in Afghanistan.

I personally knew Tom and am extremely saddened at this news. Tom was a totally professional officer who did his best at everything he tried and then strove for more challenging pursuits to test himself further.

He was always fun be around both at work and socially and our mess will be a less brighter place for me not being able to invite him into and watch him leave early hours, normally not through the door.

He was a great bloke who has been taken from us far too early.

2. Sad, sad, sad indeed. My condolences to his family and his muckers.

3. Tom was a true leader of men and the light of every party. He was one of the lads.

4. RIP, I am sad for the loss of a hero
  5. Absolutely gutted. I served with him in Cyprus in 2005. A great soldier and a great lad with a real zest for the Army and life.

RIP mate.
  6. RIP Sir
  7. Hello,

I am a neighbour and good friend of Toms Grandparents. Your comments and condolences will be very much appreciated in these extremely sad times. I will print out this thread and show it to them; I'm sure it will be of some comfort to know that people are thinking about him.

I never met Tom, but I know from his Grandparents that he died doing what he loved.

Thank you to all those who posted.

8. Had the pleasure of working with Tom last year, he was a top bloke, extremely professional and great company to be around. He will be sadly missed. It was a pleasure to know you mate. my thoughts are with your family. RIP
  9. Another good soldier gone to Valhalla. RIP Sir
  10. Supported me last year before and during Ex PEGASUS FURY, thanks mate. RIP.
  11. God Bless. Another sad loss for the Arbroath Gunners.