RIP Black Watch soldier dies of wounds at Selly Oak

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by micksmith, Oct 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence must confirm the death of a soldier from The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, at the Royal College of Defence Medicine Selly Oak, on Sunday 25th October 2009.

The soldier was injured when an improvised explosive device detonated during an operation in Kandahar province on 15th September 2009. Despite the best efforts of medical staff both in theatre and back in the UK , over a period of nearly six weeks, he sadly died as a result of his wounds.

Lt Col Stephen Cartwright, Commanding Officer, The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland, said:

“As the Commanding Officer of The Black Watch, 3rd Battalion The Royal Regiment of Scotland , it is with immense sadness that I announce the death of a soldier from the Battalion. Despite a most determined and courageous fight against his injuries sustained in Afghanistan , he died last night in Selly Oak Hospital . On behalf of everyone in the Battalion, I offer my deepest sympathy and prayers to his family and loved ones who have been with him these past few difficult days.”

The soldier’s next of kin have been informed and a 24 hour period of grace will be observed before further details are released.

This death brings the total number of British service personnel killed on operations in Afghanistan to 223.

2. RIP, my thoughts with his family, friends and colleagues.

3. R.I.P. Young Man.

4. Thoughts for both the guy and the medics who battled to save him......:( I'll be wearing my poppy with pride this and every year.

5. RIP

God Bless

6. RIP lad :( nemo impune lacessit.

7. RIP.

Condolances to Family and Friends.

8. RIP Son.

9. RIP - and thanks.

10. Rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers with the soldier's family, loved ones and comrades in BW.

11. R.I.P Soldier. & Thank you.

12. RIP

Our thoughts to everone

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

13. Deepest sympathy to all his loved ones. R.I.P. young man.

14. Sad, sad, sad news indeed! My very sincere condolences to this brave man's family and friends. May he rest in peace.

MsG