RIP Andrea Pininfarina

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by arby, Aug 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The designer of such classic models as the Jaguar XJ220, the Ferrari Mythos and the Original Fiat Spider. He was killed yesterday in a motoring accident, his scooter colliding with another vehicle.

At this difficult time for all true car lovers we have to ask some searching questions.

Such as, what the fcuk was the designer of the Maserati Birdcage doing on a fcuking scooter?!

Clicky McClicky

2. His better work:

[​IMG]

3. Shame

Was watching Clarkson interview him on an old re-run of Motorworld only last week. Him and Agnelli together on the roof of the Fiat Factory.

4. Because the man had style unlike you mongtard

5. no no, really he clearly committed the ultimate style Faux pas. Don't be bitter because you can't ride a real bike ;)

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

He didn't design the Maserati Birdcage it would've been his father or grand father.

Scooters are cool unless you are a 16 year old chav tearing around with your delinquent mates.

7. Quote from article:

"The firm recorded a net loss of 114.9m euros (£91m; $178m) last year".

Maybe it's all he could afford

8. Classic Arby!!!! Mods n Rockers here we go!!!!

Bretta ya bam ye only got into scooters cos tractors where you're fi were only painted red or green and you hudd tae be different eh??? :D

9. Actually, the Birdcage 75th was designed by Ken Okuyama, working for Pininfarina, in 2005, nearly 40 years after the original pinin died, Andrea was the grandson and CEO, his dad is a something in Italian polotics now.

The Tipo 61 " Birdcage" series was designed by Giulio Alfieri.

Oh, mind you Pininfarina did design scooters too.

10. :(. What a shame. I like the XJ220. Much better than the crap Jaguar are turning out at the moment. (XF aside)

11. As a side note the Lambretta GP was styled by the arch rival company,Bertone
    [​IMG]

12. Hmmm ... XK crap then is it?

13. Have none of ye learned NEVER, NEVER, NEVER diss K13EOD's Mobility Jag..... tsk tsk tsk

:D

(I'm just jealous - spacking about on my push bike in a mermaids outfit)

14. I actually came the first time I saw one. Like, actually ejaculated and lay on teh ground groaning, smoking a cigarette.

15. He was Italian so he can (could) get away with cutting about on a Lambretta, with no helmet shaoit "ciao" at everone. Its cool when the Whops do it, but less so when its some 16yo chav mong revving his two-stroke engine out side my office window all day.