Rioting in Creggan, Londonderry.

I grew up in Killycomain, I still have a "Portydowan" accent. The first Roman Catholic in my family is my beautiful wife. Many of my decendants fought in the the battle of the somme and other WW1 campaigns. I cannot accept that memorials of this nature can ever be seen as equalisation. PM and call me by all accounts, I know more than you ever will.
Jesus, how old are you? Were you in the Crimean War if so e your descendants fought in the Great War?

Or do you mean ancestors?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I see the photo of the 49 yr old is captioned as being supplied by Pacemaker. How ironic,given that the fat knacker looks like he's never worked a day in his life...

Another Soldier of Ireland scooped. Clearly the IRA don’t have fitness assessments.

Their welfare programme besides the State offerings is supplemented by their post GFA robbery of 26 million (I'm not on a UK keyboard) quid from a Belfast bank, lest we forget.

The bail hearing the past few days has claimed the cops seen him with the gunman when the gun was handed to the teenager and he was seen to walk alongside him, before he fired the shots. Whether that have hard evidence of that is another thing.
Don't the cops have their own cameras? I recall back in the 80s they had video cameras at riots, in this day and age it would surprise me that there aren't cameras fitted as standard on the Land Rovers or on individual officers. If every bus and corner shop has CCTV why not the Peelers?

TamH70

MIA
Another Soldier of Ireland scooped. Clearly the IRA don’t have fitness assessments.

The terrorist worked with the prison officer in the Saint John's Ambulance for quite a while and still blew him up? What a complete piece of filth he must be. Still, the prison officer's ex-colleagues will be sure to give him a nice warm welcome. I just hope they don't leave bruises where it shows or else they'll be prisoners too.

Don't the cops have their own cameras? I recall back in the 80s they had video cameras at riots, in this day and age it would surprise me that there aren't cameras fitted as standard on the Land Rovers or on individual officers. If every bus and corner shop has CCTV why not the Peelers?
There's usually a landrover at the riot with a cctv on a mast, attached to the roof.

Given some sort of co-axial loudspeaker we could give it, "You! Yes you! Stand still laddie!"
Followed by "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding."

Newer Pangolins/Penmans have a smaller unit mounted in a cage above the windscreen. There's a thing that looks like a small satellite dish in there too: I suspect it might be a parabolic (microphone). I must ask, actually.

The terrorist worked with the prison officer in the Saint John's Ambulance for quite a while and still blew him up? What a complete piece of filth he must be. Still, the prison officer's ex-colleagues will be sure to give him a nice warm welcome. I just hope they don't leave bruises where it shows or else they'll be prisoners too.
Not unusual for members of the Security Forces to be targeted by people they work with. In one fairly famous example the terrorist doing the targeting turned up for the wake and the funeral because he and the victim had got on so well at work people would have questioned why he didn't go.

Followed by "If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding."

Newer Pangolins/Penmans have a smaller unit mounted in a cage above the windscreen. There's a thing that looks like a small satellite dish in there too: I suspect it might be a parabolic (microphone). I must ask, actually.
I'm almost certain, I've heard warnings given from landrovers, that baton rounds will be deployed.

I'm almost certain, I've heard warnings given from landrovers, that baton rounds will be deployed.
All the police vehicles have a built in speaker and mic for that job. So did Snatch 2.

They do, when you see a group of wagons on the move there is usually a CCTV one in tow. Most likely they were not in a position to see since they were at the top of the hill and the "spectating" crowd were spread either side of the junction at the bottom.

TamH70

MIA

Latest Threads