Rioting in Creggan, Londonderry.

Bobby_Bert

Old-Salt
At the very least it’s refreshing to read his application for bail was refused. I hope he is enjoying remand.
I didn't think he applied for bail. Remanded until the 27th I think, then a bail application.

I'm honestly surprised there haven't been any organized riots by now.
Time enough for that yet. Easter parade by these goons is just around the corner. No doubt restrictions will be placed on it by the parades commission which the vermin will flout. Big call by the PSNI as to how the deal with any breach. Stand off and gather evidence for future possible prosecutions, they’ll be slated for not taking firmer action. Send in a bucket load of TSG and it’ll turn into a full on ruck and allow the dissies an opportunity on their own ground to take on the peelers. I’d be surprised if the dissie scum don’t try some form of “spectacular” (in their opinion at least) between now and Easter. While it seems the peelers and spooks have a decent grip on them, recent bomb and gun attacks have shown they’re capable of slipping through the net occasionally.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Time enough for that yet. Easter parade by these goons is just around the corner. No doubt restrictions will be placed on it by the parades commission which the vermin will flout. Big call by the PSNI as to how the deal with any breach. Stand off and gather evidence for future possible prosecutions, they’ll be slated for not taking firmer action. Send in a bucket load of TSG and it’ll turn into a full on ruck and allow the dissies an opportunity on their own ground to take on the peelers. I’d be surprised if the dissie scum don’t try some form of “spectacular” (in their opinion at least) between now and Easter. While it seems the peelers and spooks have a decent grip on them, recent bomb and gun attacks have shown they’re capable of slipping through the net occasionally.
Why for God's sake don't any police stay out of the way and let them March? Peaceful marches used to take the wind right out of the belligerents sails! I speak for prot and Nationalist marches. I am aware of the wanting to march through opposition areas, is that allowed now?

How about getting some muck spreaders and covering the route in manure ?
or if its freezing spray water ?

let them walk all they want then

Why for God's sake don't any police stay out of the way and let them March? Peaceful marches used to take the wind right out of the belligerents sails! I speak for prot and Nationalist marches. I am aware of the wanting to march through opposition areas, is that allowed now?
They generally do. Any processions or marches here are obliged by law to submit paperwork and effectively the organisers “apply” to march. Failure to do so or to not adhere to any conditions then becomes an offence. The police are duty bound to detect and pursue such offences. Policy with regard parades in non contentious areas seems to be stand off with evidence gathering capability. Video, photograph and pursue prosecutions at a later date. The nature of some of them however dictate some form of police presence, even if only on the periphery. Traffic diversion, evidence gathering teams etc. These often attract attention simply by being there, which then may necessitate further escalation of resources.

They generally do. Any processions or marches here are obliged by law to submit paperwork and effectively the organisers “apply” to march. Failure to do so or to not adhere to any conditions then becomes an offence. The police are duty bound to detect and pursue such offences. Policy with regard parades in non contentious areas seems to be stand off with evidence gathering capability. Video, photograph and pursue prosecutions at a later date. The nature of some of them however dictate some form of police presence, even if only on the periphery. Traffic diversion, evidence gathering teams etc. These often attract attention simply by being there, which then may necessitate further escalation of resources.
Have a gander at the Parades Commission page. Its most informative.

Home - Northern Ireland Parades Commission

Translink must have been touring with their buses today. LINK

....and 1st Mountnorris Guides! Oh My!

This. Safe home and in one piece PSNI. whatever shitshows are to come. PSNI TSG FTW.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I read a very good paper recently about the age structure of PIRA and how it changed over time. There was a direct correlation between 'maturity' and a decline in both military (army) and civilian casualties, though the UDR seemed to take the brunt.

One of the attractions for the younger guys was to gain 'status' in areas where there was little other opportuntty. They were, as you say, pretty much fearless, but lacking in competence (mental). They also had less grasp on the value of life and were more than willing to pull the trigger. We talk a lot about learning lessons. Surely there must be alternatives for these youngsters.
A fair few of that particular group found themselves, dead, jailed or massively reliant on drink and or drugs.
One of those being an old friend of Gerry Adams(despite him never being a member of PIRA) masterminded city centre bombing campaigns and ended up feeling betrayed by Adams and the peace process.

And said so publicly. Adams didn’t appear at the funeral, lamenting the fact that his old friend had been in a very dark place with mental issues.

Not the sort of thing many ex PIRA leaders would want as an epitaph, yet surprisingly common.

Latest Threads