Rioting in Creggan, Londonderry.

This question may have been posited in the preceding pages, so drop me a link if covered.

I’m a white, heterosexual, meat eating, hunting, shooting and fishing type of chap. Were I, as a journalist, to have been covering that event, or similar in the future, and get/got shot in the head, can somebody assure me of the presence at my funeral of the Prime Minister and assorted wastrels?
Would you want the weepy virtue signalling wastes of blood and organs infesting the kirk?

Only reason I'd have someone like that at my planting/barbecue would be as entertainment at the wake, where all my mates would get to throw shit at them laying there staked out on a fire ant nest.

There you go with your circularity again.

Are you suggesting that Ireland's internal borders return to the status quo ante, despite that being against the wishes of the majority?

If yes, then by inference such a position would be the same as that held by those choosing the gun over the ballot-box.
Uncharacteristically you seem to be struggling with simple logic on this simple point which is:

The entity that is known as Northern Ireland should not have come into existence in 1921 as that was contrary to the wishes of the majority of the population of Ireland.

Neither the UK nor RoI should determine the democratic future of the inhabitants of NI, or perhaps the "right to self-determination" is inconvenient to your political views.
It seems my political views are considerably advanced of yours

My suggestion was that the UK and the RoI should dissociate themselves from the internal affairs of NI and let the population of NI determine their own direction without support or influence from either country and settle their own future.

It seems my political views are considerably advanced of yours

My suggestion was that the UK and the RoI should dissociate themselves from the internal affairs of NI and let the population of NI determine their own direction without support or influence from either country and settle their own future.
Giving that a large majority wouldn’t want 1 or the other countries to do that .......

Never mind the fact that a large proportion (more than likely a majority) specifically wouldn’t want the U.K. to do so....

Uncharacteristically you seem to be struggling with simple logic on this simple point which is:

The entity that is known as Northern Ireland should not have come into existence in 1921 as that was contrary to the wishes of the majority of the population of Ireland.
You seem to have been at pains to point out previously that the population of Ireland (the island) consisted of two separate groups, the Irish (islanders) and Anglo Scots incomers who had been there for a mere fifteen (ish) generations. So, if there were two separate groups, with separate wishes, should not the wishes of both groups have been accommodated? We can see the results of not recognising the wishes of different ethnic groups in places like Rwanda, Serbia, and Israel.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
You seem to have been at pains to point out previously that the population of Ireland (the island) consisted of two separate groups, the Irish (islanders) and Anglo Scots incomers who had been there for a mere fifteen (ish) generations. So, if there were two separate groups, with separate wishes, should not the wishes of both groups have been accommodated? We can see the results of not recognising the wishes of different ethnic groups in places like Rwanda, Serbia, and Israel.
I think he wants everybody out except himself, he's changed his mind so often.

Well that is what happened in 1921 and that turned out well didn't it?

The creation of NI was the dog end of Home Rule that tried to accommodate both groups with a federal solution of North and South each with it's own Parliament within the same Country.
Unfortunatly the Irish handed us our arses on a plate and kicked us out so that never happened.

Looks like DUP acted first, agreeing to power sharing but contentious issues to be put on a separate track.

SF reject it as equality is key.

Both sides have a point.

McDonald wants governments to 'map out answers'
I am not sure how much of this is about 'equality' for PSF. They were offered pretty much everything they had asked for last year, but it had to apply to all cultures and not just be a stand alone Irish Language Act. They rejected it.

I am not sure how much of this is about 'equality' for PSF. They were offered pretty much everything they had asked for last year, but it had to apply to all cultures and not just be a stand alone Irish Language Act. They rejected it.
Marriage equality

Of course.... one could say they asked for too much but it’s a devolved issue

This question may have been posited in the preceding pages, so drop me a link if covered.

I’m a white, heterosexual, meat eating, hunting, shooting and fishing type of chap. Were I, as a journalist, to have been covering that event, or similar in the future, and get/got shot in the head, can somebody assure me of the presence at my funeral of the Prime Minister and assorted wastrels?
Only to show virtue by pïssing on your grave...

Only to show virtue by pïssing on your grave...
I'd be delighted for them all to join me in the furnace 'cos that's where I'll be :p