Rioting in Creggan, Londonderry.

It appears the latest trend is to glue one's person to objects. Perhaps someone would be so kind as to donate a couple of gallons of superglue and stick her to Westminster Bridge.
On its underside, with her wizened body painted MAGA red, so passing river traffic can mock her as she most thoroughly deserves? Stop reading my mind like that, it is really disconcerting.

I've just seen the video of the gunmen shooting and the screams of women around her as she was shot.
Scumbag dirty bastards.

I've just seen the video of the gunmen shooting and the screams of women as around her as she was shot.
Scumbag dirty bastards.
I haven't watched the video - l am disgusted enough by the callous murder of a young woman who was just doing her job as she saw it for it to be pointless doing so.

The things responsible for this need putting down like the vermin they are. It wouldn't be execution, merely pest control.

This Facebook post has a video clip of the incident, two perhaps three rounds fired, initial cheering and then screams. The PSNI then launch flares (I have no idea if that is procedure now).

https://www.facebook.com/ryan.mcclintock.12979
Just to add to what I was saying earlier about how Derry has changed, look at the garden in that video. I bet you don't remember immaculate gardens and lawns like that when you were last in Creggan.

Have I missed the official renaming of the town to Derry, according to BBC News this morning. I thought it was still Londonderry?
As for this latest breed of scumbag Republicans (the New IRA ffs), I trust they are treated like the murdering criminals they are and not handled with kid gloves like the last lot.
RIP to the poor young journalist.

Have I missed the official renaming of the town to Derry, according to BBC News this morning. I thought it was still Londonderry?
As for this latest breed of scumbag Republicans (the New IRA ffs), I trust they are treated like the murdering criminals they are and not handled with kid gloves like the last lot.
RIP to the poor young journalist.
Please see the thread "BBC News - is it fit for purpose?" for further details.

Do you mean that they should not get letters of pardon, all previous sins forgiven? Treat them as you do members of the Armed Forces and hold them to account even many years after the event?

People killing each other, Americans stirring the pot. Yes it sure has changed since I was last there.
I feel the stirrings of mural season. Time to get the cans of emulsion out of the shed.

I have no idea what the official name is but I spent a couple of days there touring with my son and everybody seemed to call it Derry.

Do you mean that they should not get letters of pardon, all previous sins forgiven? Treat them as you do members of the Armed Forces and hold them to account even many years after the event?
Why the dumb @Jaeger?

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Told you it could be worse.
There was a factory just under the Creggan it held one Company. It was on the edge of Bogside adjoining Cable St. I recall the IRA chap with a Garand that used to snipe from Greggan at the main gate. It used to be amusing to watch the gate sentry rushing out and back at 'speed of light' to latch the gate back for vehicle exit.

I have no idea what the official name is but I spent a couple of days there touring with my son and everybody seemed to call it Derry.
The official name remains Londonderry, but it is referred to locally and by the Republican community as Derry - can’t be having any association with that there London/England!
I suspect it is still known by its official name around the Loyalist Nelson Drive areas of the city though!

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
There is a lot of former East German border guards who know how to build and man walls.
Pah. Send in the Mackems. Built a 72 mile walk to keep out the Geordies. I'd love to know how convinced Victoria Coren was when I explained to her how Mackem passed into Latin as Mackum (declines like Bellum) and back into English to describe a County Durham artisan builder.

See Balderdash and Piffle episode 1.