Rioting in Creggan, Londonderry.

It really does not explain your inability to grasp simple concepts of democracy.

Ireland is an island with a population of about 6.6 million.

Northern Ireland is a totally artificial construct and should not have been created after the Irish War of Independence.
You seem to be suggesting that two sovereign states cannot coexist on one single island?

Perhaps you mean something else, as that would be patently absurd.

There are no indications that a majority will want it any time soon.
That is another debate but the Demographics are against the Unionists.

You are of course correct, that the indications are that the majority would choose to stay in the UK if the chips were down.

What that would leave is a Northern Irish Assembly dominated by Sinn Fein. Now that will be funny.

What is largely absent in the DUP and associated political groupings is the tradition of sexually abusing children. Not so in Sinn Fein where it is a tradition almost to the point of young girls being "broken in" by "uncles", usually involved with the paramilitaries, ira and so on. I do not believe that this an endorsed tradition in the ROI but certainly in walled ghettos in Belfast it is still rife.

By only having DUP MPs seating in Westminster, a large part of the NI electorate is disenfranchised.

There is blame on both sides for that.
First, any such "disinfranchisement" is the result of an informed choice. Those who voted for MPs who do not take up their seats knew full well what they were voting for and were, to that extent, fully enfranchised.

Second, I'm curious as to why you attribute blame to "both sides" for that.

Tbh, ultimately it depends on how well UK does after Brexit and can the rest of UK afford it.
Nationalism always surges when there is poverty combined with lack of opportunity.
Will NI finally join RoI ? Very possibly. It would certainly make for governments less in hock to unionist politics.

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
That is another debate but the Demographics are against the Unionists.

You are of course correct, that the indications are that the majority would choose to stay in the UK if the chips were down.

What that would leave is a Northern Irish Assembly dominated by Sinn Fein. Now that will be funny.
Continually harking back to the past won't solve anything. The Good Friday Agreement 20-odd years ago created winners and losers but, at least, it provided a way forward and reduced considerably the civil unrest. What would be your solution for the next 20 years for Northern Ireland?

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
What is largely absent in the DUP and associated political groupings is the tradition of sexually abusing children. Not so in Sinn Fein where it is a tradition almost to the point of young girls being "broken in" by "uncles", usually involved with the paramilitaries, ira and so on. I do not believe that this an endorsed tradition in the ROI but certainly in walled ghettos in Belfast it is still rife.
And how do you know that?

I'm sure after a few jars in the Naafi the story got better and better!
Lee Harvey Oswald didn't shoot enough of them IMHO.

True, the father, Joe, when he was the USA ambassador in London in WW2 was very anti British. snip wiki " Kennedy served as the United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom from 1938 until late 1940, when he annoyed Roosevelt by his pessimism about Britain's survival. During the Battle of Britain in November 1940, Kennedy publicly suggested that "Democracy is finished in England."
Its also a shame we never shot the Spanish American c**t Éamon de Valera when we had the chance after his arrest in 1916, it would have saved us & Ireland a lot of grief he caused by his archaic beliefs.

Problem with killing Dev is that it doesn't get rid of what fed him.
There was centuries of resentment feeding SF and unless that was dealt with equitably and boldly, then it would just well up again.
Had there been concerted efforts to remove descriminations and corrupt practices for the betterment of all in the 50 years previously, Dev and SF would not have gained the ascendancy they did.

I bet you struggle with Brexit as well.
As part of the population of the whole Island of Ireland, Ireland belongs to the whole population of Ireland. If there was a democratic vote which was split along religious and identity views they would be the tiny minority so their view would not win. No lie, no exitement, you are just not seeing the point I am making.

Says who? You? It never has belonged to the whole population in its entire history.

Are you now suddenly in favour of a "totally artificial construct"?