Rioting in Creggan, Londonderry.

Hopefully this will be up on a gable wall before the end of the weekend, if not. You can guarantee some of the guilty bastards have seen it.

It’s got a particularly Derry twang to it.

AN OPEN LETTER TO DISSIDENT REPUBLICANS IN THE CITY

Alright Boys, I'm not going to call you men because you're simply ******* not. Real men don't hide behind masks.

Got a problem with that? Well **** you, an innocent woman is dead.

Heres the craic, BOYS.

We do not want you here. I'll say it again, You can justify your pop up revolution anyway you want but you can't say you fight for the people because the people DO NOT WANT YOU HERE!

Got a problem with that? Well **** you, An innocent woman is dead.

Another thing, BOYS.

Does it make you feel big to put a loaded weapon in the hands of a youngster and tell him to fire shots into his own neighbourhood?
Does that get you off? Make you feel like a big strong man to hide in the shadows and lane ways and direct youngsters to do things you don't have the bollocks to do yourself?

Reminds me while of the British High command now that I mention it, BOYS.

You know what else you have in common with them?

Shooting an innocent person in the back. Aye that's what you did, not the "crown forces"

Let's talk about these "crown forces" you go on about so much for a moment.

Crown forces didn't burn out people's cars last night, they didn't throw petrol bombs, bricks, fireworks... They didn't hijack innocent derry people, steal their hard earned property and set it alight last night. Little scumbags who are easily persuaded by you numbskulls did it. The same scumbags you put a gun in the hands of a young man and tell him to fire it into his own street.

The British crown forces were not the bad guys last night, every scumbag, louty, faux republican **** who stood cheering while a person was murdered were the bad guys.

Look boys, your war is over. Its been over for some time.
I know you dicks have literally NOTHING special about you, I mean without your Republicanism you're just another unemployed, pathetic, sad waste of space who's probably claiming British benefits and prescriptions with one breath while crying Irish freedom with the next.
You're not a hero, you're not a freedom fighter, you're not a champion of the Republic.

You're a ****, you've always been a **** and you'll always be a **** who's city does not want him. That's all you'll ever be.

Got a problem with that? Well **** you, an innocent woman is dead!

She's ******* dead lads.

29 years of age, practically still a youngster herself, her whole life was ahead of her. A life without all this US OR THEM mentality. A life of hope and dreams. Innocent, hard working and being another good part of this community.

A life that has now ended because of YOU.

This weekend you republican pricks will be sat with your family talking about the Easter rising and how the Brits did this and that and Ireland being free and whatever other shite that makes you feel special in your pathetic life.

And that innocent girl will be in the cold, hard, ground, because of YOU and YOUR ACTIONS.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

My heart is broken for that girls family and friends. This is NOT what Derry is about.

YOU MURDERED AN INNOCENT WOMAN AS SHE RAN AWAY IN FEAR.

WE DO NOT WANT YOU HERE.

Got a problem with that? Well **** you.

An innocent woman is dead.

And its all your fault.

#NotInOurNames
#WeDoNotWantYouHere
#YoureNotMenYoureBoys
Is there a gable wall big enough to accommodate such a diatribe?

Does any graffiti artist have the time, inclination or paint to express such a stream of consciousness?

Facetube boll0cks.

Hopefully this will be up on a gable wall before the end of the weekend, if not. You can guarantee some of the guilty bastards have seen it.

It’s got a particularly Derry twang to it.

AN OPEN LETTER TO DISSIDENT REPUBLICANS IN THE CITY

Alright Boys, I'm not going to call you men because you're simply ******* not. Real men don't hide behind masks.

Heres the craic, BOYS.

We do not want you here. I'll say it again, You can justify your pop up revolution anyway you want but you can't say you fight for the people because the people DO NOT WANT YOU HERE!

Got a problem with that? Well **** you, An innocent woman is dead.

Another thing, BOYS.

Does it make you feel big to put a loaded weapon in the hands of a youngster and tell him to fire shots into his own neighbourhood?
Does that get you off? Make you feel like a big strong man to hide in the shadows and lane ways and direct youngsters to do things you don't have the bollocks to do yourself?

Reminds me while of the British High command now that I mention it, BOYS.

You know what else you have in common with them?

Shooting an innocent person in the back. Aye that's what you did, not the "crown forces"

Let's talk about these "crown forces" you go on about so much for a moment.

Crown forces didn't burn out people's cars last night, they didn't throw petrol bombs, bricks, fireworks... They didn't hijack innocent derry people, steal their hard earned property and set it alight last night. Little scumbags who are easily persuaded by you numbskulls did it. The same scumbags you put a gun in the hands of a young man and tell him to fire it into his own street.

The British crown forces were not the bad guys last night, every scumbag, louty, faux republican **** who stood cheering while a person was murdered were the bad guys.

Look boys, your war is over. Its been over for some time.
I know you dicks have literally NOTHING special about you, I mean without your Republicanism you're just another unemployed, pathetic, sad waste of space who's probably claiming British benefits and prescriptions with one breath while crying Irish freedom with the next.
You're not a hero, you're not a freedom fighter, you're not a champion of the Republic.

You're a ****, you've always been a **** and you'll always be a **** who's city does not want him. That's all you'll ever be.

Got a problem with that? Well **** you, an innocent woman is dead!

She's ******* dead lads.

29 years of age, practically still a youngster herself, her whole life was ahead of her. A life without all this US OR THEM mentality. A life of hope and dreams. Innocent, hard working and being another good part of this community.

A life that has now ended because of YOU.

This weekend you republican pricks will be sat with your family talking about the Easter rising and how the Brits did this and that and Ireland being free and whatever other shite that makes you feel special in your pathetic life.

And that innocent girl will be in the cold, hard, ground, because of YOU and YOUR ACTIONS.

I don't even know what to say anymore.

My heart is broken for that girls family and friends. This is NOT what Derry is about.

YOU MURDERED AN INNOCENT WOMAN AS SHE RAN AWAY IN FEAR.

WE DO NOT WANT YOU HERE.

Got a problem with that? Well **** you.

An innocent woman is dead.

And its all your fault.

#NotInOurNames
#WeDoNotWantYouHere
#YoureNotMenYoureBoys
Oh aye, that sounds like a Derry woman alright, the dripping sarcasm, the swearing, the abuse, the sneering about the lack of manhood, yup, ye don't want to be on the wrong side of a Derry woman when you've made her angry (I am sure a few posters here recall getting berated in similar terms in the past).

Bellingcat Investigation gives an excellent analysis of events and what we know now

An Open Source Survey of the Shooting of Lyra McKee - bellingcat
Excellent resource from Bellingcat, there's some mother in Derry this morning wondering why her 15yo son was burning his favourite TEAM9 tracky bottoms and grey Nikes in the garden last night.

It just shows that in these days the sort of things you thought you could get away with in the past could be all over the internet in hours.

I have heard that a leading solicitor in Derry, a man who defended many Republicans in the past, now tells any of his clients who are involved in such activity to pack it in now as unless they are prepared to go out in suicide vests they will be caught within a matter of days of any operation.

Apparently he uses the investigation into the Salisbury Novichok poisoning as proof.

"Look," he says, "the Brits were able to trace those Russian fellas all the way from Heathrow Airport to the hotel they stayed in right the way to Salisbury and back!"

"Do you really think you are smarter than the KG fuckin' B?"

Well as it seems apparent that it's a Dissie attack and has led to the death of a popular young local woman this could have massive blowback for them.

It's not the 1970s any more (no matter what some posters here might think) Derry is a transformed place, and most people there like it the way it is now and have no desire to go back again. When your house in Creggan is worth nearly 100K quid and you have a nice Toyota 4x4 parked in the drive with a mobile home you'll be towing to Fahan for the long weekend you don't fancy the idea of a bunch of wee shites hijacking an Ulsterbus and parking it in your garden and setting fire to it.

The PSNI are not loved in Derry, no working class Irish community likes policemen, but they are tolerated, they aren't the RUC. Let's hope that this tragedy, and it is first and foremost a tragedy, can see the beginning of the end of the Dissidents.
You'll be telling me next that the good citizens of that part of Londonderry are paying their utilities bills.

You'll be telling me next that the good citizens of that part of Londonderry are paying their utilities bills.
Er, to the best of my knowledge they are yes, why do you have information to the contrary?

Most people in Creggan own their own homes now, they bought them under Maggie's council house buying scheme, like everyone else in the UK. Houses that were bought for 15,000 or 20,000 quid back in the late 80s and early 90s are worth five times that now.

Trust me, the owners are paying their lecky bills and enjoying very comfortable lives, with a car in the drive and at least one foreign holiday a year.

The world has moved on a bit since 1975, you might not have noticed.

Here's a link, to a house for sale in Circular Road, the heart of Creggan.

Do any of you remember Circular Road? I am sure a few of you knocked down the doors of houses in Circular Road in your day, probably gave some wee shite a good kick in the arse for gobbing off to you.

That wee shite is living in his Ma's house now, he bought it for a song a few years back, it's worth 107,000 quid. He probably has a reasonable job in the civil service and will be looking forward to a nice index-linked pension in a couple of years.

Yeah, I think he probably manages to pay his electricity bill.

40 Circular Road, Derry/ Londonderry

18 yrs old and 19 yrs old arrested this morning in connection of the murder of L McKee
Thanks John, if you scroll up just a little bit...........