• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Rioting in Belfast this evening

Erm....why are you surprised ?

Orange Lodge Marches (July 12th yesterday but marching today Mon), bash-the-Pope-bands, copious amounts of alcohol, bonfires and bigotry.

I just love the country....but would be there over the 12th fortnight. Utter b*ll*cks, always has been and always will be.

The Orange Men have been marching, so not a suprise really. Loyalist Tradition to March, Republican Tradition to Riot ah it must be 12th July (I'm aware it's the 13th, but they're only marching today cos the 12th was a Sunday this year) again!

Punch said:
The date is just an excuse Werewolf - there are no bands or Orangemen anywhere near the Ardoyne.
Agreed. Simply pointing out that some form of trouble is inevitible at this time of year.

Or to put it another way:

"They have'nt gone away you know!" :evil:

Scabbers said:
Orange Lodge Marches (July 12th yesterday but marching today Mon), bash-the-Pope-bands, copious amounts of alcohol, bonfires and bigotry.
Amazing how they can manage to organise the march for weekday but not for a weekend even though the actual anniversary was on the Sunday.

I hope the cnuts got docked a days wage, but I doubt that many employers want their premises trashed.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
I actualy feel sorry for them
Those petrol bombs must be costing a fortune
Plus every petrol bomb is 3/4 tax and goes to the hated British Goverment
I'm suprised they haven't put in for an E.U. subsidy to help promote their nationalistic tendancies

Those bands are smarter than that RAF Band in one of the other threads

smartascarrots said:
Scabbers said:
Amazing how they can manage to organise the march for weekday but not for a weekend even though the actual anniversary was on the Sunday.

I hope the cnuts got docked a days wage, but I doubt that many employers want their premises trashed.
Its a Bank Holiday in Northern Ireland, and has been for many years - as is St Patrick's Day. Do you get your wages docked if you take a day off on a Bank Holiday?

The wee bastards have fired live rounds at the Police luckily nobody injured. A female Con has been hurt in the riot. My best mate a Sgt TSG has a leg injury from getting bricked. His wife is enroute to meet him at the hospital. We are minding the kids. The sooner the TSG trucks move in and hammer the shite out of those bad elements the better.

the_boy_syrup said:
I actualy feel sorry for them
Those petrol bombs must be costing a fortune
Plus every petrol bomb is 3/4 tax and goes to the hated British Goverment
I'm suprised they haven't put in for an E.U. subsidy to help promote their nationalistic tendancies
You obviously havnt heard of feul smugglingf have you, one of the many fun raising and equiping tactics used for the "repulican cause" sit on the m1 around dublin and count how many unbranded NI reg tankers pass you in an hour, or failing that just google mr slab m*****y and see how many tankers full of juice HMRC and Irish Customs took off him.

on the other hand its the weekend of the 12th such a date that is used by both sides of the divide to cause trouble, hence why alot of people with a bit of cop on who have no desire to seee anymore trouble get the hell out of NI for this weekend, Dublin, Glasgow and other Uk and European citys will be full of people from the north taking convieniently timed breaks away.

They should have an event that would join the two sides in peace. I know they could have a football match. Get Rangers and Celtic to stage a friendly at Windsor Park that would surely make everyone happy and give them a common interest.

Before it starts switch to irony mode. ;)

Latest Threads