Just a quick one for someone with the relevant docs to hand...

I'll be joining a TA Regt soon (non-specialist) which will be in a different city to the one I'm living in - 'bout a two hour drive/bit less on the train.

Question is, can I claim RILOR or a similar allowance for drill nights, in spite of the fact that there are TA units much closer to home that I could have joined, or am I going to get a big fcuk off tablet and told to join someone more local? It's going to cripple my none too spectacular pay packet if I can't

Have done a quick search and understand the rules for a Regular sldr, but me too fick to wurk it out for thu Tee Ays....

Sorry about that Belushi - you did ask me before and I forgot to get back to you.

I have passed this question to my SPS Branch and they are looking into it. They are coming down tomorrow for a liaison visit so I will bug them for the answer then.
liz_the_nurse said:

Is it travel costs u want reimbursed? Regular's as well as TA claim RPOD and get mega extra dosh for food expnses (about 14 quid per day)!
He lives too far away to claim RPOD!

I have checked with my SPS branch Belushi and the official line is that 'it depends on the circumstances' (Is there a posting order etc). I know this is probably not the answer you wanted but they suggest that you get your unit to staff it up through their SPS chain.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A_Knocker_Till_The_End Juniors 0
A_Knocker_Till_The_End Army Pay, Claims & JPA 30
W Army Pay, Claims & JPA 9

Similar threads

Latest Threads