RILOR - A pain in the arrse?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by Rockstar, Dec 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help? I currently claim RILOR, as I live in my own house in Germany, over 9 miles away. I fill out the forms 100% truthfully on a daily basis, yet on handing them in, I am always asked to provide a non-availability of transport chit, complete photocopies of orders if I had been on duty, etc. It is taking MONTHS for the average of €200pm to be paid back. My question is - does anyone else claiming RILOR have the same problem? Why can't I claim RES-POD like any other living out pad? Will JPA make this any easier for me? I know I've asked multiple questions, but as usual, I have been given multiple confusing answers from various clerks, who all have a different rule book...

2. You cannot claim RESPOD as you live in your own House (Private), RPOD is for journeys to and from MQ's(Public). The reason you are asked for supporting paperwork is solely for auditing purposes. It is up to the individual to provide proof that the journey was undertaken. :D

With JPA, RILOR/RESPOD (now renamed Home to Duty), where practical, all claims are to be automated. JPA is programmed to deduct the appropriate contribution and this will be annotated on your paystatetment. Albeit at the mo the contribution for overseas has been noted to be incorrect and has been staffed up. :cry:

As for claims taking months, speak to the FSA or RAOWO and let them know there is a problem.

JSP 752 Ch 4 Section 13 is the ruling for Home to duty travel.

3. Do not know if it is still valid but I was in reciept of automated RILOR (2000-2001) and having proved it on day 1 it was sorted for the duration of tour. No more arsing around every month, but since it worked it has probably been sacked now!

4. You cannot claim RESPOD as you live in your own House (Private), RPOD is for journeys to and from MQ's(Public). The reason you are asked for supporting paperwork is solely for auditing purposes. It is up to the individual to provide proof that the journey was undertaken. :D

With JPA, RILOR/RESPOD (now renamed Home to Duty), where practical, all claims are to be automated. JPA is programmed to deduct the appropriate contribution and this will be annotated on your paystatetment. Albeit at the mo the contribution for overseas has been noted to be incorrect and has been staffed up. :cry:

As for claims taking months, speak to the FSA or RAOWO and let them know there is a problem. JSP 752 Ch 4 Section 13 is the ruling for Home to duty travel.[/quote]

I don't think (about 99.9% certain, unless the rules have changed recently) the bold is correct. Whilst units may require people to do this, the regulations only require the claimant to be checked as eligible. Once verified he can claim manual (and need to prove travel) or automated (set amount for the distance less PC). These payments are made on the days he does not travel also as the value of the allowance is worked out on an annual basis less leave, deployments etc. Again unless this has changed recently, those in their first marital home are not eligible (name says it all)

IMD

5. In_my_day that is the automated payments made every day of the year come work, leave, ex or ops - nice little earner to cover the petrol money!
    Rockstar see if you can get automated payments - it is the way ahead. 1 set of paper work per year easy life.

6. I don't think (about 99.9% certain, unless the rules have changed recently) the bold is correct. Whilst units may require people to do this, the regulations only require the claimant to be checked as eligible. Once verified he can claim manual (and need to prove travel) or automated (set amount for the distance less PC). These payments are made on the days he does not travel also as the value of the allowance is worked out on an annual basis less leave, deployments etc. Again unless this has changed recently, those in their first marital home are not eligible (name says it all)

IMD[/quote]

No change to rules, the individual is to prove that a journey was undertaken within the governing rules. Payment is made from public funds, the FSA of the unit is responsible for running this account. He/she is subject to audit and is ultimately responsible for releasing funds. For an audit to take place on his account, all payments and receipts are to be supported by documentation of proof. Rules for payments are held in the JSp 501. :D

The same ruling will apply initially if a claim is selected for audit under JPA. :)

7. Cheers for the answers guys - I'll check up on the automated one, but o be honest, I can't see my unit allowing it. Our RAOWO seems to be part of the problem, as it is her wanting all of the supporting paperwork, including the "non-availablility of transport" chit!!! I am now very worried about JPA... :)

8. You cannot claim Automated RILOR/RPOD if you are overseas, they are all manual claims.

I would have thought that you prove eligibilty on your first claim (ie tenancy agreement etc) and then you just claim for the days that you came into work.

Why would you need proof on Non Availability of Transport (do the guys claiming RPOD have to do the same?)

I am sure if you put in a FMT1000 for every journey back and forward to work the MT will get pretty pissed off and give you some sort of permanent exemption chit !!

Sounds like your unit need to read the regulations and interpret them in favour of the customers ! :D

9. Tell me about it. RPOD guys don't need to, just the very few of us that claim RILOR. I have already proven tenancy - I had to do that to be able to claim initially. Shame about the automated claims though. Maybe JPA could be my saviour, although I'm not holding my breath.