Rilor 2

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by A_Knocker_Till_The_End, Aug 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i am posted soon while the doris & kids are staying put in our own house.

i currently claim rilor (19 mile ruling applies) however when i move i will be living in & commuting at the weekends (97mile round trip), when not in sunnier climates anyway, 37+ package apllies in this respect.

am i entitled to keep claiming rilor or gyh(d/p) :?: :?: :?: :?:

my CC has said no but i have spoken to other pay related personnel & they have contradicted the CC's answer. CC has also told me that i will not be entitled to any form of disturbance allowance yet where i am currently working say i should be, be it only around £50 (it all helps)

cheers.

2. As you will be living in and weekly commuting and eligible for the Over 37 Package your entitlement will be to GYH(P), and for a return journey of 97 miles this will get you a daily rate of £2.18. You will have to pay the MUA Food Charge which is £2.68.

No Disturbance Allowance though.

3. thank you.

no truth in the has to be over 50 mile rule then OR did that change in april like so many other things.

4. Never was a minimum 50 mile rule. Over 9 miles, as this was the personal contribution in line with supposed civvy average commute.

5. Don't forget that your Mess Subs should go up if you are living in - and you will need another TV licence if you are in the UK - winner !! :evil:

6. you are just full of good news...........cheers :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. do you have a reference for this please that i can quote if the pay clerks have a "its my money" moment.

please.

8. Aye,

RAAC Chap 14 Sect 3(Over 37 Provision) and Sect 5 (GYH(P)).

You should have no problems though, these are well used allowances. You need to fill in a AF O9621 with your clerk.

9. thank you. :D :D :D :D

in 20yrs service i have never had a problem with the pay staff anywhere until the last year or so :cry: :x :cry: :x but i leave here/her in a fortnight :D :D :D :D

10. just thought, does this work the same for the new jsp 752 :?: :?: :?: :?:

thanks again.

11. Under JSP 752 there is a requirement for the journey to be over 50 miles each way. However your mileage is close enough to that distance and if you can demonstrate that you couldn't reasonably do the journey daily either because of your duties or due to the time it would take, the JPACC (Pay and Allowances Casework Cell) would be very harsh not to authorise GYH travel in your case.

12. i live 48 & half miles away (door to door) from my new post. to get there in plenty of time i would have leave at around 0530hrs because of traffic & would not get home until around 1930hrs again.

there is only one way in & out of nottingham to go my way UNLESS you went out southwards & went all the way around the ring road to get back in but that would make the journey horrendously long.

thanks again D_B

13. UPDATE

if you were entitled to rilor before you were posted, are you automatically entitled to the gyh(d) regardless of the 50 mile ruling :?: :?: :?: :?:

i ask now as i have just found out that lo & behold i was entitled to claim rilor at my last unit, c/c said i was not, & now have to backdate everything until the start of april.

i have pleaded my case regarding the mileage being close to the "50" mile ruling & am awaiting an answer BUT it is always nice to have the facts & figures to hand.

thank you in advance.

14. UPDATE

thanks for all the help, i am now in receipt of all monies that you said i would be entitled to.

cheers, laters.