Right - What do you carry in your webbing?

Just wondering, as I packed once again this evening...

My starter for 10: usual rifle stuff, civvie GPS, Gary Goretex, hexi telly, water bottle and metal mug, 50m ( ish ) para cord, model kit, scoff and brew kit plus lifeboat matches, TAM, monster crab because it looks warry, small crab for lid, secateurs, med kit in an old SUSAT pouch, ancient sandbag, plasticuffs in back of lid cover....
Chocolate, several hip flasks, left over firework rockets, some socks to fill out the empty pouches and sweet wrappers as oppossed to street rappers.
Same, except model kit stays with bergen and Goretex goes in daysack. TAMs in smock pocket. Also I'm too poor to afford GPS :(
The usual stuff for the weapon, Magazines ect, Water bottles, Rations, spare socks, some wash kit, brew kit, survival tin, basically the same as above...

depending on wether I use the issue or the Assault Vest..
8 tins of tennants super, fabloned jazz mag( for the all weather basha bashin ), 1 pack baby wipes for after the previous item.1xpair socks in case it's too cold for the basha bashin and you need to weatherise the "stand to posn".... 8 x kit-kats fit in the ammo pouches...well done the designer. and of course the bayonet frog (in case we get a good deal on some bottled beer). smock pockets.........fags, lighter, menu from chinky's, mobile phone to contact said chinky's...........[hr]

HEY..HEY..HO.. HO.. TROPICAL FISH................
False passports
False mustache/nose/specs
Snares, various
Fish-slice for scooping up dead birds for snacks 'on the go'

Book Reviewer
A pair of Secateurs - VERY useful for cutting cam, setting up OPs, etc. Much quieter - and more practical - than a machete or other Goluk-type blade. Also, being TA, less likely to get you arrested by the Feds when on the way to a weekend...
Ammunition, oil and water.

Live like a Spartan, fight like a Klingon...and rifle the enemy's pockets for the rest!

I had a Pl Sgt who seriously advocated switching the whole pl to the enemy's weapon system as soon as possible so that we could fight back up their supply chain. Sweet! :D
When it comes to slaughter ........

Seriously though I tried to carry the bear minimum in my webbing

comby tool (actaully that was normally in my jacket)
water bottles x 2
metal mug
Hexmin blocks
Nails, Nine Inch x 3 (improvised cooker)
24hr worth of rations

CEFO is for FIGHTING in don't forget, I might even drop the metal mug to the daysack and lose the nails etc, 24 rats are for emergancy reason only

In Pockets

Survival Kit
Compass (silva, GPS my arrse)
Notebook, Pens & relevant op cards
Shemagh (spelling)
Thin gloves
Wooly hat
Maglite Solitare
Choccy bar
Racing spoon
Para Cord

In DaySack

More Rations
Proper Cooker & Fuel
Yank Poncho Liner
Talc Powder
Spare Socks
Gore-tex socks (NOT issue mind)
Spare Batteries for torch
Sacuters (sp)
Fecking Big Radio usually
Fecking big batteries for fecking big radio

Feck all, need the space for patrol stores :wink:
Actaully I'm lying, this is what I used to carry

Left Ammo Pouch: Magazines x 4
Right Ammo Pouch: Torch RA x 1, Weapon Cleaning Kit
W/Bottle Pouch: W/Bottle and mug
Respirator case: Respirator and canister
Left Kidney Pouch: Mess Tins, KFS, Rations & Hexmin Cooker
Right Kidney Pouch: Spare pair of boot laces, Boot cleaning kit, spare socks
Poncho cover: Poncho

If you were extra warry then add a 44 pattern w/bottle pouch containing an extra water bottle and an extra poncho cover, one for top and one for bottom with a couple of tent poles sticking out the side

Just to clarify about the Respirator Cover, that was all that was in there and never ever did I carry a pack of mouldy sandwiches, cheese and onion crisps and a small bottle of orange panda pops :wink:
For those like me, who like to carry a pair of secetaurs, I have just found some folding Leatherman type ones. They are made by Spear & Jackson, and have a selection of blades including a useful saw blade that actually works. They come in the usual type black cordura pouch, and can be yours for the princely sum of £10.98ish. I found them in Asda, but I'm sure plenty of other outlets stock them.
Ammo cleaning kit first aid kit w/b or camel bac hexi rations spoon
metal mug mini maglite field dressing
day sac gortex softie basha
smock lighter notebook nirex with aide memories lighter
leatherman chewing gum gloves survial tin

flasks gas stoves other rubbish as dictated by needs
woody said:
Ammo cleaning kit first aid kit w/b or camel bac hexi rations spoon
metal mug mini maglite field dressing
day sac gortex softie basha
smock lighter notebook nirex with aide memories lighter
leatherman chewing gum gloves survial tin

flasks gas stoves other rubbish as dictated by needs
Where do you keep your punctuation?
black_taxi said:
yep , Secatuers wont go with out them, especially good for clipping ones nails and if kept sharp are handy for cutting pretty patterns in paper
:wink: :wink: :wink:
How foolish I feel! anyone know where I can get my hands on an 18" saw-back "Rambo" survival knife? :roll:

PS. If you could actually hit the Fig. 11s, you woudnt need to cut holes in them. :D
Given up on webbing. Stitch some pouches onto your body armour for mags and grenades and FFDs.

Then carry a 51 mortar bag for extra ammo and TAM. The restof the shit stays in the daysac. Webbing is a pain in the ARRSE in Warrior and a little grab bag works better.

We all carry too much amyway.
webiing- some scoff if a messtin
platic mug thing with my brew kit inside
little gas stove
ammo, if I have to
first aid kit
old shemagh (around the messtin)
black nasty
choccy bars

gloves, civvy ones

more scoff
more ammo, if I have to
softie and some warm kit
a feckin 351 usually
I am totally ffffing impressed with you lot! Anyone think of bringing a map?

GPS? - yes
Compass? - yes
Map? - 'fcuk!'

Best piece of kit that's in my pocket is a beta light - endless lightsource (and cheaper than a vasectomy).
pretty much the same as most of you, How i managed to fit all the stuff they give you at brecon in there as well i'll never know, Still could be worse, Remember 58 pattern trying to squeeze your nbc kit and waxproof's into your bum roll, it was even better when it got wet and you couldn't even get your mags back in. Happy days { i won't even mention Largepacks and fire postions} :)