Right Marker Drill Movements

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Flyer, Jan 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone please enlighten me as to what the correct drill comands and movements are for the right marker whilst getting on parade

Any help much appreciated
  2. Cow

Cow LE

Flapping for tomorrow morning are we!
  3. ha ha not at all. not at all.

well maybe a little bit

can you help at all
  4. CSM: Right! - Everyone braces up

CSM: Marker! - Marker comes to attention and marches 13-14... 1-2. Only the marker not the parade.

CSM: Marker.... Steady- Marker stands at ease.

CSM: Squadron/Company!... Get on Parade! The remainder come to attention - and the marker (they should be stood at ease not stood easy) and march out 13-14... 1-2.

CSM: In open order... Right... Dress!. The Squadron move into open order, except the marker. The marker turns to the right and marches out 5 paces, halts, about turns.

Marker: First man front rank... dress back... more yet... STEADY! Carry it on! - Everyone dresses off.

The marker steps out 2 elongated paces - do not swing the arms. Come to attention, turn to the right and repeat as for the front rank.

Do the same for the rear rank.

Once the ranks are dressed off - march back to the position 5 paces from the first man front rank swinging the arms. Come to attention and face the front man first rank.

Marker: Parade! Eyes Front.

Then march back to the original position - and join the parade.

CSM: Stand at Ease! Stand Easy.
  5. I've got a hard on now......... :)
  6. An AT is to drill, as a Fish is to a Bicycle!
  7. should ask duffdyke ....
  8. I prefered the old '11th.Hussars' one...............
    "Elephants Arse, Git on, Praid".
  9. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Bloody Hell, Sammy ... that takes me back. :D

My recollections of the restricted space at CCF, with 5/6 platoons on parade, was that the markers did a right turn before marching out 15. Then left turn, and were dressed in file by the "RSM" before "Contingent - get on ... Parade". At that point, some 150 would come to attention, 2-3, right turn, 2-3 and march 15, 2-3, into line left turn ... before being dressed as a full parade.

Our CCF took it so seriously that some us young JNCOs were sent on cadet drill courses with the Guards. 8)
  10. Only really... really... crap ATs.

... which is quite a few of them admitedly.
  11. Well must say the drill went swimmingly.

Even got complimented positively on it.

So thanks to all who helped

Muchos Gracias
  12. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

You missed the "Dos-Tres" :D
    Delighted it went well for you.
    It's a fine, elegant manoeuvre when well executed.
  13. Remember the RSM's parade, Wednesday mornings at Kineton in the early 80's. HQ Coy (Staff Clerks), 522 Coy RPC, A Coy (AT's) , B Coy (Stackers), C Coy (AS OF A) & D Coy (WRAC). Oh what fun it was watching the right markers halt at different times, get sent back and finally jailed. RP Staff stood at the side of the square to march them awayyyyyyyyyyyyy!
  14. As a 6'5" person, I remember being right marker on nearly every parade I attended before commissioning!
  15. They can spell though, admittedly :D