• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Right Marker Drill Movements

Flyer

Old-Salt
Could anyone please enlighten me as to what the correct drill comands and movements are for the right marker whilst getting on parade

Any help much appreciated

Flyer said:
Could anyone please enlighten me as to what the correct drill comands and movements are for the right marker whilst getting on parade

Any help much appreciated
CSM: Right! - Everyone braces up

CSM: Marker! - Marker comes to attention and marches 13-14... 1-2. Only the marker not the parade.

CSM: Marker.... Steady- Marker stands at ease.

CSM: Squadron/Company!... Get on Parade! The remainder come to attention - and the marker (they should be stood at ease not stood easy) and march out 13-14... 1-2.

CSM: In open order... Right... Dress!. The Squadron move into open order, except the marker. The marker turns to the right and marches out 5 paces, halts, about turns.

Marker: First man front rank... dress back... more yet... STEADY! Carry it on! - Everyone dresses off.

The marker steps out 2 elongated paces - do not swing the arms. Come to attention, turn to the right and repeat as for the front rank.

Do the same for the rear rank.

Once the ranks are dressed off - march back to the position 5 paces from the first man front rank swinging the arms. Come to attention and face the front man first rank.

Marker: Parade! Eyes Front.

Then march back to the original position - and join the parade.

CSM: Stand at Ease! Stand Easy.

Bloody Hell, Sammy ... that takes me back. :D

My recollections of the restricted space at CCF, with 5/6 platoons on parade, was that the markers did a right turn before marching out 15. Then left turn, and were dressed in file by the "RSM" before "Contingent - get on ... Parade". At that point, some 150 would come to attention, 2-3, right turn, 2-3 and march 15, 2-3, into line left turn ... before being dressed as a full parade.

Our CCF took it so seriously that some us young JNCOs were sent on cadet drill courses with the Guards. 8)

Well must say the drill went swimmingly.

Even got complimented positively on it.

So thanks to all who helped

Muchos Gracias

Flyer said:
Well must say the drill went swimmingly.
Even got complimented positively on it.
So thanks to all who helped
Muchos Gracias
You missed the "Dos-Tres" :D
Delighted it went well for you.
It's a fine, elegant manoeuvre when well executed.

Remember the RSM's parade, Wednesday mornings at Kineton in the early 80's. HQ Coy (Staff Clerks), 522 Coy RPC, A Coy (AT's) , B Coy (Stackers), C Coy (AS OF A) & D Coy (WRAC). Oh what fun it was watching the right markers halt at different times, get sent back and finally jailed. RP Staff stood at the side of the square to march them awayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

As a 6'5" person, I remember being right marker on nearly every parade I attended before commissioning!