Right lad tuck it between your legs......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/8210471.stm

New world 800m champion Caster Semenya has been asked to take a gender test, according to athletics' governing body.

The International Association of Athletics Federations says it demanded the test three weeks ago amid fears she should not be able to run as a woman.

IAAF spokesman Nick Davies said the "extremely complex, difficult" test results were not due for several weeks.

The South African athletics federation insists it is "completely sure" that Semenya, 18, is a female.

"We would not have entered her in the female competition if we had any doubts," said a statement.

Semenya won gold in impressive fashion on Wednesday, leaving her rivals trailing as she won in a time of one minute, 55.45 seconds.

Defending champion Janeth Jepkosgei was second, a massive 2.45 seconds adrift, with Britain's Jennifer Meadows taking bronze.

If it is proved that she is not a female, she will be withdrawn and the medals revised

Pierre Weiss
IAAF secretary general

Semenya did not attend a post-race news conference following her success, but IAAF secretary general Pierre Weiss did appear before the media.

"We know you want to talk to her, but she is young, she is inexperienced and she is not able to reply properly to all your questions," he said.

"I will answer for her. The decision not to put her up her was taken by the IAAF and the South African federation.

"I repeat, she was not prepared for a situation like this."

Weiss insisted the IAAF had handled the situation as best as it could and defended the timing of the announcement to test Semenya.

"She was unknown three weeks ago," he said. "No one could have anticipated this. We are fast but we are not a lion."

He added: "If it is proved that she is not a female, she will be withdrawn and the medals revised. At the moment, the athlete must be given the benefit of the doubt."

Semenya burst on to the world stage when she ran 1.56.72 in Bambous last month, smashing her previous personal best by more than seven seconds.

She also broke Zola Budd's long-standing South African record and arrived here as the newly-crowned African junior champion.

If it's a natural thing and the athlete has always thought she's a woman or been a woman, it's not exactly cheating

IAAF spokesman Nick Davies

"In the case of this athlete, following her breakthrough in the African junior championships, the rumours, the gossip was starting to build up," said Davies.

"The gender verification test is an extremely complex procedure. The situation today is that we do not have any conclusive evidence that she should not be allowed to run."

A group of doctors, including an endocrinologist, a gynaecologist, an internal medicine expert, an expert on gender and a psychologist, have started the testing procedure but it is uncertain when the results will be known.

Weiss said testing was being done in Berlin and South Africa but admitted it was a complex issue.

"At this stage, it's confusing," he said. "Personally I have no clue what's going on. I rely on and trust our doctors. We would have preferred not to have had a controversy."
This one pricked my interest...

If it's a natural thing and the athlete has always thought she's a woman or been a woman, it's not exactly cheating
You have three options it either sticks out, gapes in or you have a bit of both and you flip a coin each morning. Also "The gender verification test is an extremely complex procedure. The situation today is that we do not have any conclusive evidence that she should not be allowed to run." surely you just look at the hands and vag?? seeing as none of the other athletes have anything that could be called tits?

Kyle_ni said:
Gender test????

is that not just a case of Pants down and have a look?
What with today's surgical posibilities - ned to look at her/his chromosones..........

Odo

or get a flash light and look for scars

I'm impressed at her/his ability to race around the track with six pounds of crack/sack in the knickers.

Think I've covered the bases there.

I think the real question here is...(if it's a female)

Would you? And after how many beers.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Legallybald said:
I'm impressed at her/his ability to race around the track with six pounds of crack/sack in the knickers.

Think I've covered the bases there.
that would explain the grimace in the picture mind...

There was another thread on this on Wednesday which had links to you tube but now it cannot be found. Anyone know the thread and have a link to it??

You tube is blocked at work and I forgot to click "watch thread"

Surfer_Smithy said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/8210471.stm

This one pricked my interest...

That certainly leaves the doors open... what if she was born a man, but always thought of herself a woman? Do you place her in the womans events because she thinks she is a woman or in the mens, because she is actually a bloke?

Not that I have any beleif one way or the other about the actual woman in question, just if in the future a woman competes who (physically) started life as a man.

Haven't the Africans been long practitioners of "gender reassignment" operations? I am sure I watched a documentary once where it showed a local healer cut a blokes "meat and veg" off. The scary bit was when the woman (nee bloke) told of how the blood was just allowed to pump out, and that it would stop when all of the "male blood" had left the body!!!!

supermatelot said:
I think the real question here is...(if it's a female)

Would you? And after how many beers.
Like me need to give our usual answers of yes and not many

Mind you, way back in them dark day of the 1960s, 1970s etc. Many a Soviet Russian 'Female Athlete' were suspect, especially some of the Big Girls who were shot-putters. A DNA test should show up the female chromosomes...... :p

I think much of the gender issue is taken up with hormones rather than chromosomes as a genetic female may be chromosomatically female but with extraordinary levels of testosterone which would disqualify her from competition. The question is though, if those levels are achieved naturally then how can she be cheating and why should she be disqualified?

Obviously a post op trans gender, there is absolutlely nothing feminine about this ugly barsteward

I'd drink myself to death before being drunk enough to be fooled by that

uncle_vanya said:
A DNA test should show up the female chromosomes...... :p
Thanks for that Professor Vanya - fuck me, Baron Winston will be trembling in his boots knowing that the new generation of biologists are tapping on his door.