right..does any1 reckon this is an error??

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Chris_2oo6, Oct 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. basically.. my joining instructions are saying to report to here

and i quote from the link 2nd Bn train all Infantry Soldiers destined for the Scottish and Kings Division Battalions

which is NOT where i've chose to go, i'm thinkin the lad made a mistake at the careers and printed off the wrong set.

and the next link
    The 1st Battalion Infantry Training Centre Catterick (1st Bn ITC(C)) is responsible for the training of recruits destined to join any of the six Battalions of The Queen's Division (The Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment, The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers and The Royal Anglian Regiment and the Royal Gibraltar Regiment), the 4 Battalions in The Prince of Wales's Division (The Cheshire Regiment, The Royal Welsh Regiment, The Worcestershire and Sherwood Foresters and The Staffordshire Regiment) or the 6 Battalions in The Light Division (The Devonshire and Dorset Light Infantry, The Royal Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Wiltshire Light Infantry, The Royal Green Jackets, The Light Infantry and The Royal Irish Regiment).

which is what i'm joining.. i think i'm gonna ring the ITC on mon and find out.. don't wanna end up at the wrong bn on day 1.. makes me look a tit.
  2. think you answered your own question perhaps..
  3. I've got some great advice for you. On Monday morning phone the ITC and find out....
  4. lol i know it might seem like i'm going on about it a bit

it's just a massive point in my life.. and first impressions are everythin. i'd feel a cnut turning up at the wrong place whether it was my error or not :p
  5. You'd look like a cnut too, mate. :) Give them a ring to be sure.
  6. The Light division is on sunday 22nd , know that the Gaurds division is on 5nov
  7. my intake is the 5th

i'm not joining the guards tho... :?

oh well all will be found out on monday eh
  8. Tip no 1, learn to use abbreviations.

Tip no 2, I'd phone your recruiting office, or better still go in person and tell them your concerns. You phone the ITC and your gonna be a marked man! You'll pish them off before arriving.
  9. That's probably the best tip you could get. 8O
  10. Isn't it obvious?

It's an initiative test, you are actually supposed to turn up at Pirbright next Wednesday at 03:45 wearing a pink ballet dress, jackboots, and with your shoulder-length hair dyed blue.

P.S. Don't forget your inflatable sheep!
  11. fcuk it then if it'll piss them off! last thing i want

i'll just follow what it says...
  12. No you nugget thats not what they meant! Phone the AFCO.
  13. Phone them at least, if not, just pop in and ask them what's going on. :)
  14. Hahaa.. first time I have ever heard the noun Nugget used to describe someone.